Mold on soil before the plants are even in!!! What do I do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bigal, Oct 7, 2007.

1. So I got a soil recipe online that uses things like bone meal, blood meal, kelp meal, wormcastings, and things like that. Wel anyway, I mixed everything except for the dolomite lime (in the mail) together in a rubbermaidcontainer and made the mistake of leaving it in my garage. the next day there was some whiteish fury looking mold on the top layer. so I scraped the top layer of soil off and then stirred it and put it in the sunlight outside and i've been stirring it everyday. It looks like the mold keeps trying to come back though. What am I doing rwrong here? And can I use this soil or will it hurt the plants? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. sunlight+ temp fluctuations+ moisture

3. so do i need to replace the soil? and are you saying the sunlight is bad? what type of conditions should it be stored in? sorry for all the questions just need to know.

4. hey man im in the same boat, i have like little bits of white moldish stuff on the top layer of the soil. I used organic soil but just replanted today into miracle grow potting soil. Hopefully it fixes the problem but who knows. Ill look back at this thread to see any news.

5. bump need help. is this safe for the plants if the mold goes away? and what type of conditions should the soil be kept in to keep it from molding?

6. ok so I guess I'm gonna go ahead and go for it then.