Mold on rockwool can i save my plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shurbb, Nov 15, 2006.

1. looks like i got some mold. this plant was kinda an expirament. i wanted to try some lst , some topping and a little bubbler setup. i just have nutrients in the bucket. there is a milkcarton holding the rockwool with a very large hole in the bottom so roots get sprayed with the airstone. i have some foam pieces holding up the milkcarton out of the water. is there any way to save the plant? what do you think caused it? how could i prevent that in the future?

Attached Files:

2. Yes

Stop getting light on your wet rockwool and you wount get moss/mildew/algae.

3. bump

what to cover with??????????????

is aluminum foil inert, ok?

how to remove current mold on top of cube?

:(

4. Spraying the area with a water and hydrogen peroxide solution should help with the mold. In this case, I think it would be ok to use tinfoil to keep the light off the rockwool.

5. mylar or poly plastic would be better wouldn't cause hot spots like aluminum foil. It will work though just not as well as the other two.

6. with all that canopy, i think hotspots are negated..? thanks for the replies

ALSO

consider, it is algie?????? this is what my friend suggested, anyone who has used large rockwool for the entire grow have any input?

7. spray with H2O2 then scrape that crap with a knife then cover with anything