Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MOLD on pot - photos

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lebowski, May 29, 2008.

1. i recently purchased some bud and some of the leaves were partially yellow, not like they were drying out though. i haven't seen or read anything on yellow mold on pot but my guess is it is.

2. And my guess from your limited description is that it isn't. Post a non-blurry photo if you want real confirmation.

3. eeww gross!

4. I have smoked moldy weed before, but I didn't know it was mold. My ashtma went bad on the first spliff but then the weed kicked in which actually relaxes me and helps my asthma.

Oh and I took my inhaler.

5. I use to see it all the time with the people I knew that smoked regular before I moved. Smells and looks gross.

6. anyone here have any experience getting sick after smoking moldy bud? anyone you know get sick?

it seems like everyone on here insists that you must throw out your whole harvest if theres a couple tainted buds, but i haven't seen a single conclusive study that says that white mold on buds can fuck up your lungs anymore than tar filled smoke.

ive heard the black aspergillus mold can really do a number on your respiratory system, but is some sparse white fuzz really gonna fuck you up that bad?

more importantly, CAN YOU BURN IT OFF WITH A LIGHTER TO LESSEN THE PROBLEM?

7. Well my buddy grew, and part of his plant went moldy. Now all we did was pick off the moldy buds and any buds that were relatively close by. After we dried the rest of the plant we didn't find any more mold and it smoked fine. But After a while on this one night (honestly overnight) we came back to a completely molded out crop.
    My guess would be if your crop gets moldy, take out the molded shit and process the other shit into hash. Don't take the risk because my guess of why that mold grew overnight was because spores had landed on it but were not ready to grow yet.

Just silkscreen it would be my suggestion if any of your crop has mold (DON'T SILKSCREEN THE MOLDY SHIT LOL)

8. Useful thread is useful

9. Really good to know, thanks a lot.

10. uh is this a common thing that stoners have to deal with? this is new to me. or maby are there places where this is more likely to happen to bud?:smoke:

11. Probably not. Mold is either a noticable shade of blue/green (like neon) or white cobwebs.

12. Lets see here, smoking something that could lead to eventual death over a long consistent period of time smoking.

Or smoking something that could lead to hospitalization and death right away.

Yeah I think I'll stick to the cigs over the moldy weed thank you.

13. A picture I took for a friend. He got a ten bag and it was moldy, we felt bad tossing it since it looked dank, but whatever. I saw it almost immediately when he threw me the bag.

[​IMG]

What's weird is I bought a gram of the exact same shit from another kid that buys from a mutual connect and it was fine, even in the pics I took from when I had it. So we assumed it would be good.

14. Thanks for sharin. It's great

15. I've had this in a mason jar since the end of summer. Some of the leaves look too light but I'm not sure if it's mold or they're drying out:

[​IMG]

16. are you sure that's not just some gatherings of dense thc?

17. I lost about 3 pounds in an outdoor grow because of mold. Still got about 32lbs but it pissed me off.

18. Okay, mold on pot ie pretty easy to taste right? You can tell if there's mold by how it tatses when you inhale and feeling an immediate desire to cough as soon as you inhale right?

19. One of my friends smoked weed that had mold on it and within a week he had trouble breathing, and found out that there were some spores or something in his lungs. Soooo nasty.