Mold on Perlite. Only 1 week planted

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SubAngel, Aug 5, 2012.

1. I just planted 2 Blue Mystics a week ago. They look great! However, I have a white fuzzy mold growing on my perlite and a little neon green. Should I be worried, replant, or do something else? Please give suggestions! Thanks :)

2. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Hydro/perlite
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Blue Mystic
    How old are the plants? 1 week
    What type of lights and how many watts? 4 65 watts daylights as babies
    How far from the lights? 6 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Distilled water with Floragro chems
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? only 1/2 of what is recommended until Monday
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? 5.9
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 75 degrees humidity is 49%
    What size pots? Since babies still in plastic cups
    Any bugs? Look real close. no
    Any other pertinent info? Fan running all times and lights on all times. Have not kicked on my exhaust fan as they are still so small. Plenty of ventilation.

3. Wow. 35 views and not one person could help me. All good. I figured it out and all is good. What a waste of time this site is. Thought people would help each other out...guess dog eat dog world. Nice!

4. Pics? White stuff or green algae on perlite?
    Your water could be bad, hard water, full of salts and whatnot like mine, and that leaves white residue on pieces of bark/wood in the soil.. but not fuzzy stuff..

Either way, your humidity or RH% is too high at the soil level of your plants, water less. Get humidity down.

5. What are the temps and humidity in the room? 75 degrees humidity is 49%

I think I am watering to much. Not use to seedlings. Use to a plant 6 weeks older. Going to try to upload pics

6. Water less, and get A LOT more air movement through your plants both under and over. And ventilation, better fans.

7. Exactly what I have done :) It's looking much better in 24 hours.