Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MOLD on my weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by daSmoke, Feb 4, 2012.

1. o i got a sac from my friend n it had a lil bit of mold on it i picked the mold off it was on only on spot then took the nug apart to make shure there was no more bu i just packed a bowl n it tasts funky not bad but like stale kinda and it has a weird after taste it was good weed some dank shit n my friend said there was no mold on his shit and its the same stuff and i know hes not trying to rip mr off cuz he smokes it to n he wouldnt smoke it if it had mold (he wont even smoke mids to nasty he says) well my question is my weed bad to smoke cuz i only got this and
    another bowl left till sunday the other bowl is different tree some dank grape ape

2. Don't smoke it...cook with it

3. [quote name='"Tihspeed"']Don't smoke it...cook with it[/quote]

i got like a gram i fur got to mention that and its just siting on my bong i have already taken a hit thats hiw i know somethins off about it

4. I would smoke it I'm sure i have lol I ain't in a medical state as long as it aint covered in mold and shit

5. [quote name='"adam1120"']I would smoke it I'm sure i have lol I ain't in a medical state as long as it aint covered in mold and shit[/quote]

Smoking mold is a good way to get really sick or die

Cook with it, it's easy and it lasts longer than smoking

6. #6 Xenfire, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
    If you suspect your weed is moldy THROW IT OUT. 1 gram is not worth the risk, if you get seriously sick you will regret not throwing out that tiny amount of weed and just getting a fresh sack

AND DO NOT COOK WITH IT - COOKING WILL NOT KILL THE MOLD
    mold can withstand EXTREMELY high temperatures, baking the weed will not make a difference, and lots of mold can affect you a lot worse when you eat it than when you inhale it.

If there was mold on it, then the entire bag will be full of mold spores.

7. But I'm sure I've smoked mold in weed not hardcore noticeable mold in it but some sort. I've been smoking for 8 years. And I don't live in a medical state and I used to be a kid so payer even less attention to weed back then u know? Not saying ill blaze it when it has a fur coat on. Cooking kills the molds tho? Would iso wash do the same?

8. [quote name='"Xenfire"']If you suspect your weed is moldy THROW IT OUT. 1 gram is not worth the risk, if you get seriously sick you will regret not throwing out that tiny amount of weed and just getting a fresh sack

AND DO NOT COOK WITH IT - COOKING WILL NOT KILL THE MOLD
    mold can withstand EXTREMELY high temperatures, baking the weed will not make a difference, and lots of mold can affect you a lot worse when you eat it than when you inhale it.

If there was mold on it, then the entire bag will be full of mold spores.[/quote]

This goes against everything I've ever read on mold, but you might be right....only a fool uses absolutes...do you have any documentation about mold and temps to kill it?

I was under the assumption that even if the temps don't kill it stomach acids will...

I'll look for supporting articles when I have time

9. there was only a lil mold in my bud im pretty shur i got it all out fuckin im gunna smoke it iv already smoked some but it was only a lil i had mixed it in with 2 diff strains the first time i smoked it last night n i feel fine

10. I wanted to know if this is mold and if it is how to can I prevent it when I buy some again please help.

Attached Files:

• wd.png
      wd.png
      File size:
      4.7 MB
      Views:
  11. #12 TheWhiteLighter, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014

Looks pretty schwaggy. I wouldn't smoke that even if I didn't suspect mold. Only buy properly cured bud and if it's wet put it out on some paper or in a cardboard box (I pref). You will lose weight but it will dry out nicely. Your choice as to how dry you want it.

Google images of moldy bud or maybe insect bud and compare.