Mold on my pots?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Grumpyguss, Jun 8, 2016.

1. I've been battling high temp since the start, 90+ degrees most the time. I recently got a window unit for my box and it been keeping a steady 77 and a fan going. I have three girls in these cardboard pots. image.jpeg

Last night I came home and they were dry so decided to water them. I normally water them in the morning when I wake up but decided to do it before bed this time. Woke up in the morning to check on them and they had white mold spots all over the sides of the pots and no where else. Happened in 6 hours time. I didn't get a pic I got scared and transferred them to 3 gal smart pots immediately. Does this mean my ventilation isn't adequate enough now I'm pulling air in with a AC? Not enough fresh air circulating? To cold? I don't understand how this happened so fast.

2. these pots like clay pots are shit,

they actually suck the water out of the mix before the plant gets to it

trash the pots for some 3 us g black plastic and round

keep a temp/Rh gauge their and keep good track

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. They are in 3 gal smart pots currently doing great. I'm just trying to figure out how mold was achieved and how to stop it in the future.

4. Are you feeding them Liquid Nutes?
    Looks like salt build up on outside of pots I don't see any mold can you point to where it is

5. Didn't get a pic. I freaked and immediately transferred to smart pots. Pic above was just a reference of type of pot they were in, which I think was one of the issues. That, over watering and not enough air movement. I'm pretty sure it was mold, white and hairy.

6. Sounds like its just mycelium, nothing to worry about as long as it isnt touching the plant itself.