mold and smart pots

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by guygreenthumbs, Feb 3, 2015.

1. So looks like mold and I'm not sure what to do... runnin coco 6-6.2 ph... 30-40% humidity 74-80 degrees.

2. Pics

Attached Files:

3. I had the same thing happen with my plant but i had lettuce in one of those pots i forget what their called anyway i had no idea what i was doin wit my lettuce but it was very healthy all in all my 2 cent

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's just chemical precipitate.

I garden using my own hand crafted soil mixes, no bottled nutes, and still see the same build up on the outside of my SmartPots.

It's not mold.  Nothing to worry about...

• Like Like x 2
  5. I doubt it's mold, BUT if your really concerned about it you can spray a light hydrogen peroxide mix on the outside. No need to soak the pot though.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wow thanks guys I appreciate the input. First time using fabric pots. I wasnt sure if this was something to worry about or not.

7. Time for a flush. Most bottled nutes have salt in them and it builds up over time. If it happens in the soil it can affect p.h and or cause nutrient lock out.
    That's the answer I got when I asked the same question as you. Lol. I use soil is smart pots.