Molasses

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I'm still relatively new to all this. I'm just subbing in to learn. Great thread.

2. It doesn't. See posts #9 (or post # 35 just above yours). It does help to make the plant healthier and a healthier plant will taste sweeter.

But really? A sweet bud generally comes from being dried and cured properly.

For more micronutrients use agave.

3. great read! thanks for all the info guys :smoke:

i feel like i will be coming back to this thread alot.

4. you and me both , very intresting
    Middy

5. Is livestock molasses just less nutritious, or does it have more residual chemical components left in it, or too high in a mineral we don't want, or without any minerals at all, or what? I have used sulfured and unsulfured food grade, and livestock grade from the 50lbs bucket...but I don't use any anymore so I was wondering. I only ever used it as a sugar source for microbacteria, not for mineral content, as I think alfalfa tea probably has more...what is the livestock grade crap that's not good please....

More coffee

6. @SP

Around here, 'feed grade' molasses is 'indicated' for agricultural use.

This is blackstrap molasses, NOT from beets, but sugar cane. I've never seen beet based molasses here. Too far to ship I guess and the cane fields are much closer.

Blackstrap is the third step in the processing of sugar. IMO that isn't all that 'procesesed'.

We're feeding microbes here, not making organic cookies on the Food Network. LOL

WWABD?

Wet

7. Oi vey

Thanks Droid

There is good livestock black strap molasses and bad. The good is made from cane, has no sulphur added. It should be over 75% brix/sugar. It is loaded with carbs as well as antioxidants and makes an awesome cheap feedstock for bacteria/archaea and fungi. Those who have said it inhibits fungi were simply misled.

Bad stuff or not so good is made from beets.

8. Thanks. I have used both sulfured and unsulfured in the past, if there was plant death associated with the sulfured kind you think that I'd remembered it...so maybe I lucked out.

p.s. Droid, non of my buttons are working tonight, I can't search stuff, can't post pics, can't view pics. Someone is screwing with the softwear at GC and it's 'off'. I couldn't 'search' for the answer. And Chunks originol link to somewhere is a down link too.

9. Darn. I so love pushing buttons. :devious:

Gee, what a shocker. As LD once pointed out, the html here is pretty primitive. it seems like GC is trying to fix that in their own clumsy way. It's kind of cute actually. :D

So your point is? Do you need some help finding something?

10. I want to know why unsulfured vs sulfured because I don't use it anymore, but I swear I have used both and I don't think that the sulfured one killed anything. Just wondering.

11. #53 WeeDroid, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
    Oh. The link I had posted was to a search results list for molasses here I am assuming.

Let me check that url for you.

Does this work? I'm thinking that some of the tags added by GC software may be tripping you up.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/918590-umpteen-molasses-threads-4get-searching.html

no, GC added tags. I'll try breaking the code line.

http:/

/forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/918590-umpteen-molasses-threads-4get-searching.html

yeah, that worked. :) Just stitch the two lines togther at the / / marks and you'll be good to go.

Have you tried search here yet?

What's interesting for me, is that LD just mentioned recently somewhere that sulfur is needed for flavor. Maybe this is where the rumor of molasses creating more flavor started?

If you're having issues with GC, shutting down completely and restarting, relaunching your browser might help.

12. The post that chunk daddy made is the one that I cannot go to.

13. hmmm, works for me. Did you try to stitch together the url i gave above, then copy/paste into your browsers url window?

14. SkunkPatronus

Sugar beets have it all going for it - GMO, Glyphosate, herbicides, pesticides, etc.

Lately the farm stores are carrying unsulphured blackstrap molasses and another blackstrap molasses produced in Barbados - I'm sure that one's pretty clean too!

LD

15. The post I made had a link through GC's search engine. We're currently upgrading our servers and using an old server while the new one is formatted and having memory upgrades. A lot of the sites functions are being reviewed for optimization, so a lot of the functions are on again/off again as the reviews proceed.

By this time next week things should be finished and running smoothly. Thanks to all for being patient.

chunk

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XypVcv77WBU]Fasten Your Seatbelts - YouTube[/ame]

17. #59 bookechu, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
    Can I use agave nectar alone since it and aloe vera both contain saponins. I don't think I really need the salicylic acid in the aloe.

18. Skunk: Sulphur in higher amounts kills fungi

• Like Like x 1