Molasses

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ChRoNiCxHaVoC, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Blackstrap mollases, 1-2 Tbsp. to a gallon per watering, last 5 weeks of flowering= 25% increase in bud size. :smoke:

It seems to stimulate the growth of the crystals, and improves the overall vitality, at a time when a little more energy can really help.

That's my 2p.

2. Anyone have problems with critters after using Molasses?

3. i have used molasses since the start of flower. i feel that it gives that extra boost of K that I am looking for. I have a formula this is about 7-17.5-4 which i believe is too low in the K category. I figured out from the bottle that molasses has 8% potassium per tablespoon. With the addition of molasses my NPK was 7-17.5-12. This is an acceptable feeding amounts. check out dankohs link. it describes all one needs to know.

4. Hey Everyone -

I had heard about adding molasses during the budding cycle several years ago but I never tried it because I thought it was just another wives tail....

Well last summer I heard again about this process from a grower who has taught me lots over the last few years. So I did try it on 80% of my plants last summer and I saw a noticeable difference. The plants that got molasses had bigger & more dense buds with more visible crystals. I gave them 4 tablespoons molasses mixed with my regular flowering ferts and water-- (10-45-15 NPK) I did this 4 times. (First when they started to flower, second time 5 days later, third time was a week after that, fourth time 2 weeks after that.) I noticed more bud volume growth & more crystals on those buds.

This year I am doing to all of my plants and it looks good so far....

Just my $.02 on this topic.....

Not sure how or why it works but I saw it with my own eyes and will do it every grow from now on!!

Kisses -
    Allie;)

5. #25 hiigel, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
    Where are the pictures??

I also am using molassas this, my first year outdoors.
    First sign of increased bud growth was about a week, and maybe it's like the guy said, maybe it was just time, but have they ever taken off!!

I am also using Mother Earth veg and Flower at highest recomended as well as fish fertilizer, and now molassas. I could not believe the growth rate, up to 3 inches per day on some plants for a solid month!!

The shortest untied plant, a Mandala No. 1 and I are about the same at 6'6". She has a head or main bud of over twelve inches long and over nine inches around with maybe two weeks yet to go. Her lower limbs are going to be impressive as well. I will try to update pics tomorrow. The tallest, a Mandala Safari mix, of which I have eight, (planted 25, 10 lived, eight were female, amazing!!!) is over ten feet tall. All this mix is going to be a very late harvest. At least they are now beginning to fill in a lot more. I was getting a little worried till they got the molassas and started puffing up!! They have a beautiful upswept limb system that is going to be very nice when this is all over.

Mandala states up to 450-500 grams per m/sq. I'm not to sure this is accurate. Has anyone else grown Mandala seeds? Any idea what might come off a ten foot mostly sativa plant?

All in all, what a beautiful grow season here in Oregon!! I am so excited about next year, and it's LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless America!!!

hiigel

Sorry, wrong pics. These are the Trainwreck I have, all same plant

DSCF0006.jpg

Mandala no 1 (17).jpg

Picture 024.jpg

6. Yep. I always use molasses now. Started about 2 years ago and I'll never look back!

Fuck the pudding, the proof is in the budding...:p

Attached Files:

7. yup, molasses has caused this...

Attached Files: