Molasses, water, and pH

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by elroyyboy, Feb 14, 2014.

1. High Blades,
         I'm doing ok, been fighting a N deficiency and am about 42 days of flower (52 days from 12/12 flip).  My trichomes are still pretty clear but getting about 40% brown hairs. 

I'm going to start to flush next week, and I've intend to use, and have been using with watering (not feeding) about 1 tsp of unsulphured molassess (I know the molasses crowd is about 50/50 divided) per gallon of RO Water. 

I'm growing in FFOF with 1/3 perlite, some dolomitic lime, diatomaceous earth, and some bat guano.  I'm using General Organics GO Box line and, other than an N deficiency in the past 2 weeks, have been happy with the results.  336 actual watts of CFL (8x42watts). 

My question is this:  I've found that molasses does bring down the pH of my RO Water (usuallyl 6.9-7.1 pH).  Should I pH adjust the molasses solution or just pour it in. 

GC is awesome, appreciate the knowledge base and positive feedback. 

Here's a link to my grow. 

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1267643-noob-micro-cfl.html

2. You should always be pH adjusting unless its already at a good level.  Bring it from 6.9-7.1 to 6.4-6.5

3. Dolomite line buffers pH. Post this question in the organics section for a proper answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. That's what I've been doing when I feed the plant but I have not done so on the molasses waterings. I always add CAMG since I'm using RO water and pH adjust (CaMg makes pH drop really low). I'm still getting runoff in the 6.3-6.5 pH range even without adjusting molasses waterings for pH.

I'll try adjusting pH on next watering with molasses.

And yes I'll post in Organics forum. Thanks everyone for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Just add the mollasses. Ph shouldnt be a problem growing organicly. I use the go box as well and dont use a ph meter at all.

6. yea adjust the ph even through flush if u want...mollaseses raises ph and u will have to keep lowering it.  but the thing about mollasses is that it requires additional help in order to work in hydro...is u in soil or hydro.    if hydro, use some zyms and bacteria