Molasses made my plants wilt?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by willhmx04, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Im not a novice grower Ive been growing for many years now. I recently added a tblspoon of molasses to "feed my soil". A couple days later some of the plants developed a little wilt action. Picture this because my camera not working right now: The very top shoots on the wilting plants look kinda perky still but the lower have started a slight wilt. I know that too much calcium will make plants wilt. I dont overwater so that can be ruled out. I dont underwater either.
    I use spring water by the gallon from the grocery store when I water. The plants have been transplanted from 1 gal. pots to 5 gal. about 2 weeks ago. I am using fresh FFOF and I havent added any nutrients to the water except for molasses. Any thoughts?

2. Your plants maybe suffering from cal/mag def as bottled water lacks this. try adding tea spoon epsom salts to 5ltrs water, just a thought as without pics your question will get no real answers.

3. Dont think mollasses is the cause,

4. #4 willhmx04, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    So since Spring Water has no chlorine in it, then maybe thats why my plant is wilting. Its weird because the lower growth is normal no wilt but the top "shoots" have the wilt action. So I searched chlorine deficiency and it mentions wilting. Could this be the problem?

5. by distilled water instead of spring its better and cheaper