Molassass an organic nute?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rawkstar_jt, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Hi. I have a question regarding using molassass as an organic fertilizer during the end of the flowering stage. I heard somewhere that if you mix molassass in the water then water as usual, the molassass will boost the trichomes production because of the glucose? has anyone else heard about this?:confused:

2. Molassas is the same thing as Carbo Load and all those other carb boosting products out there.

3. Or rather, courtesy of 3LB of overgrow.com, and copied to every decent grow site since, by someone. Their stuff is always a good read. Good call, Tommygirl!

If we had an organic forum here at the city, we could even sticky these things for the common good.

-mu

4. This crops up now and again, I have not heard of any grower who uses molasses to any advantage.

Does anyone??

I don´t, because the plant makes its own carbohydrates by photosynthesis - where do you think the molasses comes from?

As I recall, most people who have tried molasses just get loads of bugs. They love it!!

I am sceptical, but prepared to be converted by someone who has experience.

5. I wish I had some experience of not using it, so I could compare. I'm very happy with it, especially for making compost teas. I've not had any bug problems.

It's mainly to feed the soil microorganisms, and it does have lots of good stuff in it, as well as a great ability to chelate nutrients, though lately I've been thinking that while that's a great idea at the start of the soil's life, it's probably less useful after the bacterial colonies are fully established, and could even make them over-act, and burn the plants.

But I haven't had any burnt plants, either, so I don't know. Perhaps a couple of grows from now I may see that. Because I grow in a bed, it's difficult to test things side-by-side, if you know what I mean. But I do have a couple of big pots flowering at the side of the bed, so I may do a molasses-free grow in one of them next time, see what the difference is.

-mu

6. ive been useing molasses for 3 weeks now this is just what ive seen from useing it. since ive been useing it ive got what ill call more frostyer leaves its just every ware the plant i didnt use any on is ok but the ones ive used it on have more.i started useing it becuse of my reserch i did when i was veging my plants A N NUTES are nice i was going to use carbo load but after a simple look at what its made up of for less than $2 i was able to make my owen up.this is just my thoughts on molasses my advise if your going to try it do it to 1 plant and then compair threw out the grow and see if its working good or not befor you feed all your plants and think its a god sent to cheap feed for your girls :wave:

7. I'm using molassess to success. Better than my last grow without it. The bugs are only really a problem if your outside. I'm indoors, I noticed bud swelling since using mollassess. I know they'd get bigger in the flowering stage anyway, I'm no expert mind you but these buds are much bigger than my last.

Somebody should make a journal with two identical clones. One flowered with molassess, and the other left alone. then maybe we'd have a better idea.

8. Dont worry about mixing molasses. Buy a jug of "Sweet Leaf" from Advanced nutrients. it is made with molasses and it works better than molasses by increasing bud size and enhancing taste and aroma of the finished product! Trust me its way better than trying to whip up some molasses concauction. Here is a link http://www.advancednutrients.com/landing_pages/sweet_leaf_landing.html

9. what about brown sugar?

10. I have done numerous outdoor expirements on plants in the same location and there is no doubt that molasses works. As far as being a primary fertilizer it isn't very good however when mixed with a compost tea the extra benefits are apparent. Year after year i've noted a 5% to a 9% increase in final weight, and the taste and quallity both increase slightly.

11. ive used sweet leaf before and right now im using sugar daddy from technaflora, both were obtained thru htg supply, i swear both products are the same, and they both smell like mollasses, both look the same and have the exact same consistancy, as a matter of fact, i cant see of any other active ingrediant besides mollasses in either that your plant actually need.....maybe there is something to not having to spend $30 a liter for the same thing, i think next grow i'll try some mollasses.....peace

12. Grandma's Molasses is the shit to use your last few waterings before harvest!

13. I use grandma's throughout the grow, from beginning to end. Always have healthy and robust plants.

14. So do you all buy molasses or do you make it?

And do you only use it 2 weeks before harvesting, but from reading this post i saw peolple using it when vegging.

15. yeah there really needs to be an organic forum

16. if grasscity really wants to be a viable source of info they would emulate ICmag and get their shit together. ICMag is by far the best source on the net IMO for growing info, everyone over there seems to be a bit older and more experienced crowd which is what I prefer to teenagers growing a plant under a desk lamp in their parent's closet asking why the miracle-gro they gave it at full strength killed their little baby. LOL I know there is not all youngins on here but the general feel of the people at this site is of a much more immature group as opposed to those at ICmag or Cannabis Culture even which is where I 6 years ago got my start into this amazing hobby.

17. lol at miracle grow + rep. definately need an all organics thread.

18. No disrespect...but then why do you hang out here?

19. who's hanging out?

we all love the topic, that's why. checking every resource available will give you the best chance at getting the info you need.

right the fuck on