Moisture Meter

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Alistair Young, Jun 10, 2008.

1. In the past I tried a cheap $15.00 pH meter that I got at the nursery. I got what I paid for; it wasn't any good. I also noticed that there were moisture meters too. They don't cost much, but do they work? I don't want to go out and buy another useless tool. Does anyone know of a good brand of moisture tester?

Thanks,

Alistair

2. yeah they work great.. a must have for a soil grow imo.

3. agreed^^^^ I got one & it keeps u form watering to offen
    u look at soil & be like dam it looks dry then test it & find there still water in the soil and u wait another day
    b4 i had a tester i watered every 2days with one i water every 3or4 days

4. Thanks people. I'll go get myself a meter.

5. why would u use soil when theres other stuff.. im using perlite, vermicultre... and a simple airoponices setup that is cheap and works really well.... the dearest thing is the pump.... But then i guess if your growning more the 15 plants u need a diff setup... msg me if you want my airoponic design...

6. AugustWest, how big are those square containers that you're using? The plants look nice and healthy, but the pots don't look all that big.

7. Syndrome. I've heard of hydroponics, but what is airoponic? Is it hydroponics? At the moment I'm not interested in hydro, but tell me about your setup and how it works.

Alistair