modular scrog screen size???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whuh, Jun 13, 2010.

1. I plan on having a different screen for every plant. What is an ideal screen size? Will 1' x 1' be ok?

2. How many different ways you gonna ask this???

No. If you are scrogging properly, you can fill a 3 x 3 screen with 1 plant, no problem

a 1x1 screen is useless

3. What he said. 1x1 is pretty much pointless, unless you're doing some 1/2 gallon micro grow.

4. So your saying in a 3x3 closet I cant grow 4 plants? What would be the difference between using one 3x3 screen or four 1.5x1.5 screens?

5. wtf? No, what he said was, you can fill a 3'x3' screen using only one plant. When did closets come into this conversation? The difference would be space.

If you wanna go experiment with screen sizes go right ahead, nobody is stopping you.

6. Alright basically heres what I'm trying to do so you guys can understand better since I didn't explain it clearly. I want to do a perpetual scrog and im going to have the screens 18" over the pots. my closet is 3.5 x 3.5 but Since im going to have to move the veg plants into flowering I cant have 1 big screen and move all 4 at once or they wont to be able to fit through the door. I just did some measurements and can make the screens 20" x 20" so alittle more then 1.5' squared for each plant. I plan on growing 4 of them. So will a 20" x 20" screen 18" over the pots be worth it or no and if not does anyone have any other ideas how I can make this work? I will be using a 400 watt mh for veg and a 600 watt hps w cooltube for flowering (not sure if it matters)

7. The point is, you don't need 4 plants in a screen in a 3.5x3.5. You could run one or two plants, or you could skip the screen. But, with a screen that small, you may as well just eliminate it, because it won't actually perform the function that most people use screens for.

8. What's not being said here is that when you have multiple plants, they "share" the space. Arms from one plant will fill the gaps, like in the center, of another plant. All screen space gets utilized.

A 1x1 screen would be sparse in the middle, with long arms outside it.

9. Try it. And tell us if it works or not. Trial and error. Kinda what growing is all about.

10. I think I get what your saying. So the branches will grow out farther then 1x1 so I wont be able to train them under the screen?

11. Yes. Not all, but many.

12. Ohh alright at first I thought you meant it will overgrow the screen. So theres no way I would be able to train the ones that grow out into the middle? I just don't want to try and waste my time if you guys dont think its worth it. Will it be the same with a 1.5' x 1.5' screen? I appreciate the help by the way.

13. I had a runaway arm once,....let me find the pic, my solution might help., brb

14. here ya go....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. I know this thread is dead but felt compelled to reply for any future readers.

Modular Scrogs are not useless, if you want to see results with individual small screens check out Verdant Green at ICmag..

Peace,

Marley

16. Perhaps not useless, but of the way I'm thinking heexplained it, wouldn't it leave a lot of scrogless space between the plants, esp more towards the middle where a lot of the light would be and where the four corners would meet? Seems like one big one would do the job better even though it'd be tougher to move around