Modular quantum board build

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Nobueno714, Mar 28, 2019.

1. #1 Nobueno714, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Hello all!

I’m not the greatest at introductions, but here goes.

I fell I love with all of our common interest in my early teens. Flash to years later, divorce, stress induced seizures, and rounds of every med under the sun, cannabis re entered my life once again. Through the support of my new fiancé and mother of the second child, I am now following my dreams. This woman is a saint supports me in all matters. We both recognize the medicinal benefits of our favorite plant, and has encouraged me to follow my passion.

I’ve learned a great deal while lurking the GC lighting forum. You all seem like a good group, and I would like to share my venture with you all.

With that being said, I hope someone will find a nugget of information that will inspire additional creative ideas that will benefit us all.

Cheers

• Like Like x 6
  2. Here are the staring components. Not shown are two hlg -240-2100 power supplies, two additional 301b boards and Heatsinks.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  3. Welcome to the party.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks bud!

5. Cool, are you going to show your progress putting it together? I'd love to watch cause I'm a tinkerer nerd. I know theres plenty like me here too if you felt so inclined. Welcome to GC.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Love it. Welcome. Let's see that all put together. And the plants to follow

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank man, happy to be here!

Yes, I will photo document the entire build. I learn through pictures, and I’ve found so many great ideas lurking the fellow builders here. I hope someone can find use from mine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Thanks brotha! Now that I have parts, I’m in go mode. Love this stuff!

Current plants have been under two 301b boards for the past week and a half, and they really starting to come to life.

You can check out my log here:

New guy, First perpetual grow!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wiring:

Belden 22 awg shielded .025 jacket
    [​IMG]

Excel 16 awg oil resistant II
    [​IMG]

Generic 16 awg (I liked this particular red lol)
    [​IMG]

Misc 18-22 solid core
    [​IMG]

Canare star quad 16 awg
    [​IMG]

Terminal block
    [​IMG]

Wiring labels
    [​IMG]

Mc4 connectors
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. DKJhx9l.gif

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Light boards:

Bava sourced 3000k Samsung lm301b + epistar 660nm

I currently have 4 of these boards, but the whole idea of this build is to have the ability to add or remove lighting modules as needed. I will be adding more as funds and space permits. The next set of boards will cover the 4000k spectrum.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. So you got some red leds - doing any far reds anywhere? Or will that be a later module?

• Like Like x 2
  13. For now, it’s only the on board 660nm chips, but I do plan for additional red spectrum. China has some pretty interesting strip options to choose from. I’m still window shopping.

• Like Like x 4
  14. I'm also window shopping. Let me know what your thoughts are sometime, and we can talk shop.

• Like Like x 3
  15. For sure man! I’ll put together what I’m looking at when I get there.

• Like Like x 2
  16. #16 Nobueno714, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Drivers:

Two Generic 120w dimmable power supplies repurposed from the light I’m currently using for veg. I’m actually very impressed with the components used in this budget light. These will more than likely be used for the 4K boards and supplemental reds. I will test actual wall power soon. From the factory, they are dialed down to 100w claimed by the manufacturer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I’m thinking of pulling apart this light, and using the cobs mounted directly to a Heatsink, disposing of the PCB all together.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I’m helping out a buddy that is growing with a pretty nice set of red/blue burple style lighting. He has approximately 500-600 true watts between two fixtures now. He will have a 960+ watt overhead shortly. I’m hoping to help him out with his cooling issues. He’s in a 4x4, and will have 8 total boards. 4 x 3000k 301b + 660nm, and 4 x 4000k 561c backed by 2 x hlg-240-2100 and 1 x hlg-480-2800.

I’m confident this will be capable of a 1000ppdf canopy that can run under low wattage settings.

This should be fun!!

[​IMG]

China sure packs efficiency

• Like Like x 4
  18. Looks like a good night.! Would be better if it was your shit. Lol. But still a great night helping a friend.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #19 Nobueno714, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Lol yeah man! It’s rad because he’s able to test this stuff out on a scale that seems to be a very standard size tent most are running.

I’m hoping every 240w pair can adequately light a 4sq ft area. Multiply that by four kits and there you have it. All in theory at least.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yes yes!!. I'll be sitting back for your results. How are you calculating the ppfd.

• Like Like x 3