Mods commenting... then closing threads

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Rasta_Man, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It seems sort of useless to me.

I mean, I\'m not talking about any thread in particular, but it seems to be a tred. A mod will comment on a thread, reply to previous comments, make judgment calls/accusations, what-have-you, and then they close the thread.

It renders response impossible. That individual then has to send a PM, and if they sent one, they have to wait around for a couples minutes to send another.

I would suggest that there should be a policy: if a mod comments on a thread, it should be left open (if heavily monitored and closed later), so that individuals can respond and have a healthy, open and public discussion with the mods, as opposed to the electronic equivalent of dragging them into their office OR, that any thread deemed worthy of being closed should just be deleted. It\'s not like any of the mods comments will reach any significant membership because of it\'s rapidly falling to the bottom of the stack.

That\'s all.

2. Oh the politics and drama of Grass City!

3. It\'s a pity, but I fear the same thing may be happening to this thread.

I\'m not saying that you\'re wrong, in fact I agree with you here, but any thread that questions something like this is usually never taken into consideration, commented on and closed.

This might be off topic but I believe that if a thread deserves to be closed for whatever reason, fine, but if a single trouble maker happens to be disrupting the natural flow of things, HE/SHE should be dealt with personally rather than just closing the thread entirely.

4. Yeah, that kinda pisses me off, too. For example, I made a thread saying that I didn\'t agree with some of the prices in the shop, and it got closed because the mods were being immature and seemed to have some sort of problem with people not treating the shop like God himslef.

5. Exactly. You took the words right out of my mouth.

I haven\'t seen you guys in awhile, Durchii and RM. Good to see you around :wave:

6. I have never been to a forum this large that was run that way.

That is usually what we do unless we see a thread that is obviously going to go in a bad direction. Kind of like this one?

I saw what thread you are talking about and I think you are exaggerating. Only one moderator posted in the entire thread and that was RMJL when she closed it. So how could plural mods be acting immature? In my opinion, the only moderator that posted in the thread wasn\'t immature about it at all. She said that your complaints were duly noted. So...yeah. :confused_2:

7. Hempress, thanks for closing this thread. :)

The one suggestion that will be taken from this thread is that something will be \"heavily moderated\"...those that continue to question the actions of the Moderators, Super Moderators and Admins will be subject to a possible ban. Those that start drama, cause drama and continue drama within the forums based on the actions of the Moderators, Super Moderators and Admins (or just in general) will also be subject to a possible ban. (I will add that to the rules but right now, quite officially, it\'s in place.)

Additionally, people will start losing certain privileges. This includes custom user titles, signatures, avatars, reputation, access to certain forums and membership. None of these are automatic rights that our members have here and they can taken away at any time for any reason.

The City\'s population is large therefore we can not cater to one member or a group of members.

Administrators, Super Moderators and Moderators are here to help you but also keep in mind their decisions are final.
    They have the power to ban members and alter/delete posts as they feel necessary to protect the forums and the interest of Grasscity.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.