Modified my propagation box.. Good idea? Bad idea?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by flickyourbic, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Just started a new batch of seeds and I was bored one night and wondered if some airflow inside the propagation box would help at all with germination. Decided to do a little experiment and modified a small cpu fan to work via usb and mounted it inside the box. It's pushing very little air and I have the rooters away from it but yeah just wondering if it will make a difference. Only thing I'm afraid of is possibly drying out faster but if it needed increased watering wouldn't that been a good thing for growth as a seedling?

Just thought I'd post here and maybe see if anybody else has tried this before and is like no no no don't do it lol.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. I don't see how it would benefit seedlings. Remember once it breaks through the soil its main goal is looking for food/water so it's establishing a root system to support and feed itself. I wouldn't introduce a "breeze" until you have established plants in their final home, or at least wait a week or two after the first couple sets of leaves develop.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk