Modest Mouse

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Qj3ster, Nov 2, 2008.

1. I have always loved Modest Mouse I personally think they are one of the greatest bands to grace this earth. Listening to them while high gives me a indescribable feeling, best way to explain it is the music, or artists reach in and touch my soul. It's very corny I know but that is honestly the only way I can describe it. So anyone else really like Modest Mouse? I can only listen to the more mellow songs when I am high. If you are high I suggest you try listening to "Life Like Weeds" by Modest Mouse it will change your life! ha

2. they're a good band, i dont know about the best band to grace this planet.. lol

my friend is also obsessed with them, i enjoy modest mouse in moderation

3. Love them!

Whenever I Breathe Out, You Breathe In (Postitive Negative) is probably one of the best songs that could describe my life and one of my favourite songs in general. Isaac's voice on the track just makes me swoon, heh.

The Lonesome Crowded West is such a fatastic album, everyone should check it.

4. Yeah he is truely amazing with the lyrics they will leaving you thinking forever.

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
    Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon
    Changed my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind changed me so much I can't even trust myself "

That was my first favorite song by them, still love it.

5. have you ever listened to "Kings of Convenience", they're from Norway I think........really good mellow tunes, good to get cheeched too............Peace out.........Sid

6. ocean breathes salty

7. Modest Mouse is so good. I love them. Good News for People Who Love Bad News is probably their best album.:smoke:

8. I love Modest Mouse! One of my favorite bands. They are so amazing, and very unique. I am not too crazy about the new album except for Fire It Up. If I had to pick a favorite song it would be Third Planet, but Wild Pack of Family Dogs, Paper Thin Walls, and Bankrupt on Selling are also amazing.

9. That's my favorite album of theirs.

I have to be in a certain mood to listen to them, but when I do I LOVE them

they're really unique and really good.

10. Modest Mouse is one of my favorite bands. i enjoy almost every single song ive heard by them, theres only a few songs between all the albums that i dislike.

Some of my favorites are :
    Once chance
    Classy plastic lumber
    Dark center of the universe
    Dramamine
    Missed the boat

and my favorite song by them right now is probably..Edit the sad parts, deffinately check it out if you like them, its amazing.

11. I used to listen to Modest Mouse all the time!!! i still love them i don't really listen to they're newer stuff like anything after Good News For People Who Love Bad News... lately i've been listening to Cypress Hill, Snoop Dogg (The Old School Stuff), The Grateful Dead (My all time favorite band), Phish (Second favorite band of all time), String Cheese Incident, The Expendables... etc... I still listen to Modest Mouse from time to time I have The Moon and Antarctica in my car.

12. Yay for using Search, eh? haha
    Well I fucking love MM, I always listen to them high.. and like the doors and greatful dead and hendrix and shit. Its always fun.

13. modest mouse are an amazing band... they have such a huge music catalogue that they can appeal to people with completely different tastes in music..

personally I feel there latest album was there best to date, amazingly well produced and deeply thought out. all of there studio releases are great except i dont really care for the moon and antartica that much..

14. They came from around where I come from and I really only got into them recently. But I do like them I wouldn't call them the best band ever. But I doubt anyone would call what I listen to the best band ever...

And I really doubt anybody's opinion of the best band ever would be called the best band ever.

Thats besides the point yes they are awesome. Float On, Missed the Boat, and Dashboard are awesome.

15. I looove modest mouse
    when I was 13 they were my boyfriends favorite band (he was a big pothead) but after he broke up with me (i was thought i was heartbroken. i wasnt. i was just 13.) i couldnt listen to them cuz it reminded me of him
    but now i love them, theyre one of my favorite bands
    my favorite songs are Third Planet, She Ionizes & Atomizes, and Trailer Trash

"Short love with a long divorce
    And a couple of kids, of course
    They don't mean anything
    Live in trailers with no class
    God damn, I hope I can pass
    High school means nothing
    Taking heartache with hard work
    God damn, I am such a jerk
    I can't do anything"
    i guess its weird it reminds me of everything that makes me sad but its more like talking about sad stuff with a friend, it makes me feel better. :)

16. I listened to The Lonesome Crowded West for the first time earlier.its was one of those times where all you have to do is listen to the album once and its instantly one of your favorites.

17. ive been listening to Modest Mouse regularly since the 7th grade.
    Im now a super- senior!!!
    YESS!

their lyrics speak to me like nothing else, and the way isaac Brock tells it is what keeps me attched to their albums.

Ugly Casanova, sheck that shit out.
    pretty chill as well.:smoke:

18. one word : DRAMAMINE........best song EVER to trip to. Everytime i hear it i feel like im tripping on 2ce. It wierd how i will never forget that song

19. Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks is my favorite album, but all the older ones are great.

20. Went to the show in Hollywood 2-24-09, i was front row and got video of one of there new songs coming out in there EP. check it out. its called Guilty Cocker Spaniel

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iRf6R-Nqo"]YouTube - Modest Mouse- 2/24/09-Guilty Cocker Spaniel (NEW SONG)[/ame]