Modern Trend - The Facebook page of the deceased.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by NativeSoundz, Jan 15, 2014.

1. hmmm a lot of my posts are about death recently. Here's another trend I've been noticing

The dead person's Facebook page. Someone dies. They had a Facebook account. Somehow a close friend/parents/etc. hacks into it and continues to post on their profile, usually just pics. But its been months and months since some of my friends passed and i still see activity on their account.

Anyone else experienced this? What are your thoughts? 

I think its the modern version of you sitting around with mutual friends of the deceased and sharing memories with each other. I think its great but it can also be a little much when you've got new photos being uploaded almost everyday, months after the person has passed.

I'd love to hear your thoughts

2. seems creepy. 

3. Yeah i have a friend who got killed and every once in a while the person running his page will post something, but as of lately they stopped doing it. Sometimes i just look through his timeline and think about old memories.

4. Attachment.

5. #5 Deleted member 629842, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    I've seen it happen, but I don't think they continued to do it after a few months or so.
    It's not something I'd do probably, but it's understanding why others would. 

in my situation it is getting a little creepy.

i do the same EvoMan , and for that reason i think its great

7. How does one hack a Facebook profile without social engineering? Just wondering....

8. Shit is fucking creepy.    So is Facebook in general, I ain't got no time for that. 

9. yeah my ex-fiance died of a brain tumor over 2 years ago and her mom and sister still post with her fb account...like you said mostly pictures and sometimes prayers (her mom is real religious, but she never was, far from it actually) but i do find it weird, and it does mess with me sometimes to see her picture a lot when i go on fb

10. I can understand it, but i don't really think its appropriate myself. I wouldn't want it for myself if i die having some grief thief post shit for meSent from my GT-S5360 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I've had that happen too.. my friend was killed and his mom who was the biggest bitch ever, and treated him like shit since we were babies.. would get on his Facebook and post stupid shit like "The day my son passed away, an hour before he drove away he told me that I was the best thing in the world to him and nothing else mattered in his life." When in reality he loved his mom but H A T E D her ways and how she was with him for good reason. She would favor the drug addict gangbanger siblings cause they were fuck ups like her and depended on her. My friend was soooo different from them he went beast mode doing anything he could for a better life when he met his gf. Everyone knew that the only person that mattered to him was his gf. He went to college, got a job, moved out of his moms, BOUGHT his own house at 20 and all for his gf and we all knew it. When he passed away his mom didn't let his gf or any of us go to the funeral or burial. She even wrote me on my wall from his account saying "hi who are you? I noticed you on my son's account but he never talked about you." There were thousands of pictures of me and him together all over the place... she always did stupid shit like that just because she was a sick minded freak. My friend ended up downloading all his pics and posts onto a usb, so we all ended up having to delete him just so she can't write us bs anymore... it's been chaotic, and now his mom is living in his house that he never allowed her into, cause the bank fucked some paperwork up. I don't even know if this was a proper reply to the forum I apologize. It felt good getting to share all this.. I think I broke my keyboard typing so hard. Thanks for letting me share.Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. [quote name="cutencarefree" post="19346808" timestamp="1389818799"]seems creepy. [/quote]Yes, tremendously creepy.Wtf is wrong with people, once a person passes they should remain that way.The only way a deceased individual should continue to live on is through art, speeches, good deeds, or old videos.All of these gather into one thing, and that is in the mind of his/her loved ones.Let them rest in peace, don't barge into their personal account to post some pictures.. That's weird as hell.~1996 Jiggawattz~

13. [quote name="_SourD" post="19353555" timestamp="1389909974"]I've had that happen too.. my friend was killed and his mom who was the biggest bitch ever, and treated him like shit since we were babies.. would get on his Facebook and post stupid shit like "The day my son passed away, an hour before he drove away he told me that I was the best thing in the world to him and nothing else mattered in his life." When in reality he loved his mom but H A T E D her ways and how she was with him for good reason. She would favor the drug addict gangbanger siblings cause they were fuck ups like her and depended on her. My friend was soooo different from them he went beast mode doing anything he could for a better life when he met his gf. Everyone knew that the only person that mattered to him was his gf. He went to college, got a job, moved out of his moms, BOUGHT his own house at 20 and all for his gf and we all knew it. When he passed away his mom didn't let his gf or any of us go to the funeral or burial. She even wrote me on my wall from his account saying "hi who are you? I noticed you on my son's account but he never talked about you." There were thousands of pictures of me and him together all over the place... she always did stupid shit like that just because she was a sick minded freak. My friend ended up downloading all his pics and posts onto a usb, so we all ended up having to delete him just so she can't write us bs anymore... it's been chaotic, and now his mom is living in his house that he never allowed her into, cause the bank fucked some paperwork up. I don't even know if this was a proper reply to the forum I apologize. It felt good getting to share all this.. I think I broke my keyboard typing so hard. Thanks for letting me share.Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Oh my god, I'm so sorry for the loss dude.He seemed like a really great guy, its heartbreaking to see his own blood related mother act so arrogantly.She is the definition of "retard bitch"Your friend had a rough life, it was a struggle but he reached his goal successfully, without any aid from his mother. That takes power.May he rest in peace.~1996 Jiggawattz~

14. Reading that last one makes me hate people so god damn much. Fuck people like that. This is why I don't believe in government. People like that would be collectively rounded up and destroyed. Those traits should not fucking exist.

15. [quote name="_SourD" post="19353555" timestamp="1389909974"]I've had that happen too.. my friend was killed and his mom who was the biggest bitch ever, and treated him like shit since we were babies.. would get on his Facebook and post stupid shit like "The day my son passed away, an hour before he drove away he told me that I was the best thing in the world to him and nothing else mattered in his life." When in reality he loved his mom but H A T E D her ways and how she was with him for good reason. She would favor the drug addict gangbanger siblings cause they were fuck ups like her and depended on her. My friend was soooo different from them he went beast mode doing anything he could for a better life when he met his gf. Everyone knew that the only person that mattered to him was his gf. He went to college, got a job, moved out of his moms, BOUGHT his own house at 20 and all for his gf and we all knew it. When he passed away his mom didn't let his gf or any of us go to the funeral or burial. She even wrote me on my wall from his account saying "hi who are you? I noticed you on my son's account but he never talked about you." There were thousands of pictures of me and him together all over the place... she always did stupid shit like that just because she was a sick minded freak. My friend ended up downloading all his pics and posts onto a usb, so we all ended up having to delete him just so she can't write us bs anymore... it's been chaotic, and now his mom is living in his house that he never allowed her into, cause the bank fucked some paperwork up. I don't even know if this was a proper reply to the forum I apologize. It felt good getting to share all this.. I think I broke my keyboard typing so hard. Thanks for letting me share.Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Thanks for sharing. That's a rough situation, sorry for your loss man~ fly with the wind ~

16. It is creepy.

17. I should have someone keep logging in and pretend its me..maybe im really dead right now haha

18. People still use Facebook?

19. [quote name="NativeSoundz" post="19371581" timestamp="1390183167"]Thanks for sharing. That's a rough situation, sorry for your loss man~ fly with the wind ~[/quote] thank you man I appreciate it.Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. yah that's whack. some grief thief hacking and posting stuff from your acc after you die. but for real though who posts anything on bs fb? all it's good for is prvt messages i smh whenever i see ppl posting stuff on there. especialy now it's all recorded forever after you post it and you know it;s being data mined for decades to come.