Modern Phenomena- The Blunt "Trend"

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 208013, Aug 19, 2009.

1. The (in)famous Blunt has in the past decades become one of staples of potsmoker's methods of tokin', yet embodies so much more.

Why the blunt? What is the allure to this brown-papered mystery? What propels people to smoke 57.14% of that eight they just bought in one sitting?

Don't get me wrong.

I love the occasional blunt- the long burn, smooth taste, its all just a great experience- plus I always get to spend the time with friends, which greatly enhances any smoking experience. So I'm no blunt-shunner, I don't mind a good sour apple roll every once in a while, but why so often?

The American psyche is what truly motivates our desire for the blunt. We have been raised by the baby boomers in a "live fast, consume often, save nothing" mentality that is reflected in the Blunt. Even in the face of economic turmoil, blunts still reign supreme.

What does this say about America?

I believe that the Blunt Trend is not necessarily the CAUSE of any economic issues, but rather I believe it is the EFFECT of the ideals the generation ahead of us(first potsmokers, etc) that yields this attitude. This is the attitude that has put our burgeoning generation into the world situation we are in today. Can we honestly look at our lifestyles and say that we want to keep this attitude going and worsen the problem?

I hope not. I believe our generation can rise to the challenges before it- even if it does sometimes mean living in moderation.

We can start by enjoying the blunt moderately.

So the next time you're sparking the fourth blunt of the night don't forget, the fate of the world rests squarely on your shoulders.

:laughing:

Subnote:

I undoubtedly know there will be those of you that disagree with me- please don't be rude when you post.

2. For a lot of people around here, they just been raised smoking blunts. We dont have a headshop in our town so most the locals either roll joints or they roll blunts. And with all the different blunts out there now it never gets old to them, because it's all most of them know.

3. I'm a huge fan of the joint- to me the two are very different things. For one, a joint is a quarter the amount of weed, reasonably (.5 compared to 2.0- very approximate).

4. nice perspective.

I've always wondered why people who mainly smoke blunts always complain about having no weed....

i havent smoked a blunt in months. i can see why people like it as opposed to a bong, but to me the health aspect along with not conserving makes me not want to do it often if at all (At least not with my weed)

5. "Awww man that 311 concert last night was SIIIICKK BROOOO- I smoked hella Blunts!i!i I smoked like a 2.5 g blunt to start it all off duuuddee"

..5mins later

"Bro- can you smoke me up?"

:(

6. lmao!!! ok so i agree you have a valid point

and i have been smokeing primaraly blunts for some time...the real trick is that you dont have to roll them with all the weed you can fit?

who big i roll them has to do with how many people are smokeing it... and i usualy roll the same amount in a blunt as i would a joint if its just me or me and another?

and i have worked with people who have to have there joints as big arrount as my finger?

yes i do totaly see your point! but i say blame the people not the wrap!!!! maybe?

ok side note...
    i am working with a friend some yrs ago and the new guy has to roll the joints...thats just how it is in alot of construction jobs...
    so i bring in a new guy ...he rolls a regular human size joint...now this boss is one of the roll joints as big as my finger types... he hands the boss the regular size joint....boss looks at it and sayes" what the fuck am i suposed to do with this? pick my teeth?" and then throws that joint out the fucking window!!!!!!!
    i about shit myself laffing and wondering why would you wast like that???

and i believe that is the type of mentality you are refering to ????
    am i close?

7. I agree with this one.
    I've had friends do that.
    But I prefer just smoking out of my bong all the time.
    I can take much bigger hits, I use much less weed, and it's just more fun to me than a blunt.

8. Agreed. Bongs get me higher with less weed. But it is a valid point that some people don't have access tohead shops. I still feel like J's accomplish the same thing.

P.S. They sell J -sized bluntwraps, too :)

And din- I loved the story that's exactly what I'm talking about

9. i usually roll like 1.2 into a blunt..for 1-3 people. I use glass for the most part, usually just smoke a bowl or three and im good. So when i smoke a 1.2 blunt, i figure if im not gettin stoned, its not good enough herb, or my tolerance is getting too high.

10. how much adderall did you take dude?

11. 1 gram blunts usually...but it can be more or less.
    I prefer joints....but i dont knock a blunt...i prolly smoke one every week in the spring.

12. I smoke out of both blunts and glass. I only smoke out of glass when im at my house or when i just wanna sneak in a quick toke somewhere. But you can pretty much always catch me with a blunt. I like rolling those swisher sweet mini cigarillos, they're pretty small, and dont use a lot of herb, but still get the job done.

And also i think it comes down to your lifestyle to. All my white upperclass friends sound just like you (not trying to be offensive or anything), always like "Why are you rolling blunts when i have my bong?" But my friends down in the ghetto smoke nothing but blunts. Because it's a lot easier to smoke a blunt on the corner with a bunch of homies rather than passing some glass and constantly reloading bowls.

13. Where I'm from, kids like to smoke blunts because of rap. They idolize the lyrics they hear and love doing whatever they hear. This also holds true with alcohol. Now, I am a guy who doesn't care what I'm smoking out of (so long as it isn't a can, aluminum foil, etc...) or care what I'm drinking too much. However, some of the kids I used to hang out with loved smoking blunts and drinking nothing but Grey Goose, Patron, and Crown Royal.

I never cared so much because the bags I bought I smoked out of my glass or rolled a joint. I was having a great time smoking countless blunts and drinking lavish liquor though. I think it is easy to get caught up in that mentality when you are younger. When your money doesn't have to go to other things like bills, food, etc...

14. I dont think its worth it to buy wraps and put a lot in 1 blunt. i will roll some big blunts for a party but only because it is a lot more social and i dont worry as much about my stuff getting wated/broken/stolen, but if i am at home i love smoking bowls out or my RooR.

15. haha for sure man. when i lived on the southside of chicago, it was blunts all day. rollin like a hoodrat.

16. all i really smoke is blunts. joints barely get me high and bowls are a bitch to keep repacking and only the greenhit is nice. with a blunt ur free to take a nice slow rip. sometimes ill put out a 3 gram blunt half way and save it for the morning, so just because u roll a blunt with a lot of weed doesnt mean u have to waste it all in one sitting. blunts are perfect.

17. They would be perfect for me too, and I don't even like tobacco that much...blunts are the shiz when you roll them right. I mean, passing around a fat dutchie is the way to do it sometimes. If only I could roll the damn things.:devious:

That, and glass has lots of good things about it too, and I think is overall a better alternative. I'm not a fan of tobacco along with my weed for the most part, and just like to taste the sweet chronic all by it's lovely self.:smoking:

18. For those of you who like to roll blunts like myself but also like to save some bud like myself, invest into the Mini-Dutch. I buy them in boxes, because they are just the perfect size, it doesnt take too much to roll a nice blunt and i still get toasted.

Although, there is only one place where i can find these in my town, but there is just nothing better than a strawberry mini dutch, packed with just a 1.0 and still being a good blunt :smoking:

19. i hate when people say u need alot of weed for a blunt. u can easily put a .5 and just rip off some of the extra paper or get a cigarillo

20. This.

You can make a blunt with as little weed was you want.