Modern day nutrients

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Project ICE, Sep 10, 2015.

1. I've been out of the grow game for a bit, but back i come. Just reinvested in a pretty decent set up. Built a small room, etc, etc.

Going to be running a bunch of mk ultra on 1000w. Need some suggestions for base nutrient lines.

I've used the Fox farm trio, I've used advanced nutrients. Never really delved into anything else. So if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for:

Base line
    Supplemental
    Microbial
    Calmag

Or any other new things out there.

And for those out there that remember me, sup everybody. It feels great to be home

2. Hello...and welcome back to the world of growing....a wonderful place to be. I used the Fox farms nutrients for awhile along with a few other types along the way, but was recently turned on to something by a grower friend of mine in Southern California who had been using it for years. Jack's by J.R. Peters. I don't know if you've heard of it but I think it's been around for awhile. A water soluble powder, has a veg and bloom option, and is cheap and easy to deal with. I kept burning up my plants with the other stuff. Of course, that was before I bought a TDS/EC tester pen too so I'm sure it wasn't the fault of the nutrients I was using, but just got sick and tired of standing at the sink for what seemed like days to mix up feed for my plants. I can mix up a 5 gallon bucket of this stuff and pH it in less than 5 minutes and my plants absolutely LOVE it. I was just looking for something that was enough to get them to thrive but not saturate them with chemicals and so far....this stuff is the ticket. This is my second flowering run using it from clone to harvest....and on everything in the veggie garden too. I bought enough to last me well over a year...if I didn't use it on everything, for less $20. You might give it a try if you think it might be something that interests you. Enjoy getting back into the growing game. It's the most fun I've had since I was a kid and that was a LONG time ago!! LOL Keep it green!! TWW

3. Not really a fan of the powders but i'll give it a look. My main concern right now is a 2 or 3 part base notes and the microbials

4. I also should've mentioned that I'll be using FFOF as soil. I work so much I don't have the time to make my own soil. 70% FFOF 30%perlite.

I wouldnt be using nutes for the first month and then 1/3 or 1/2 strength for the remainder of veg

• Like Like x 1
  5. most synthetic lines are pretty much the same and all the the amino acids and enzymes are included in their "boost" and "zym" products..I've used canna, h&g, gh, and roots all with success..then you could go organic based if you want with lines like nectar for the gods, age old, or I've just top dressed ffof with tomato tone/ worm castings and watered with teas with success