Modern-day Hippie Van

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SkunkBunker, Nov 11, 2013.

1. My mom recently just bought herself a new covetable and decided to keep her other car which happens to be a mini van. It's all paid off and has insurance. So it's going to be mine once I get my license. I want to color it all crazy colors and pimp it out and make it a modern day hippie van. But I cant decide wether I should do that or just go with the old school volkswagon mini bus

2. Depends if you wanna be fixing your bus every other day. Take the minivan, save up for a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. you got a point, either way it will become a fishtank

4. If u plan on putting all these trippy colors on it expect to get flicked by the police all the time cause you'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Sent from my 5860E using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. You do realize how much an old VW can cost right?

6. Plus how much it'll cost to pimp it out. Just saying that since it seems like you couldn't afford to buy your own. Not trying to assume anything, just what I get from the post.

• Like Like x 1
  7. My whole life I wanted the Volkswagen bus they're so sick, but you can't find many and if you they just break down every here and there, and the price went way up on em

Man

8. Take the minivan and just tint the windows all around, don't tract any attention if you plan on hotboxxing that shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP are you a skilled mechanic, cuz if not, take the free car

10. Op looks like 13

• Like Like x 2
  11. MY guess is 12.  Can't even drive yet, shouldn't be on GC.

12. Even the strict states you have to be 18 to get a license.

13. Just put legal tint on the Van and upgrade the sound system. Have the ultimate low profile vehicle for cruising with plenty of room for activities 

• Like Like x 1
  14. As some one who has owned a 1980 poptop full conversion, and I mean propane, frig, and cook stove, I can say that If you don't mind Burning your ass up in the summer, and freezing your ass off in the winter, get one.

But you can set up a sweet ride on your own with the other van. And if you get something like a mr. Buddy heater being cold isn't to much of a problem.

Blurring the lines between what is Unreal and real.

15. Keep your mini van all soccer mom on the outside and all party on the inside. Avoid the heat man. When you like to do illegal things its best if you can maintain the image of a benign law obeying citizen. Build a sleeper mini van, one with the stick figure family and dare honor roll sticker on the back and then take out the seats and cover the whole interior in shag, black out the windows and put led lights fucking everywhere.

16. #18 Pogmoney, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #19 forty winks, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Chicks luv guys with mini vans :p