Modern-day feminism

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by X14, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Feminism is for equal rights? Well,.. you have that.
    In fact more than what you originally wanted.
    At the detriment of men.
    Women can vote. Women can work. Women can do everything a man can do now.
    What more do you want? Why does this still exist?
    What about men's rights issues? They do exist and if you disagree, you are a misinformed sexist.

Feminists say they want equality between the sexes. You can't do that by making one seem more valuable than the other. It's unfair. A woman can strike you, but if you are a guy, you can't strike back! Unless you want the authorities to get all uppity.. If you're a guy, you're expected to be a chivalrous knight in shining armor that caters to his woman's every whim... Even the media favors women.

Modern-day feminism is nowhere near as respectable as original feminism in my eyes. Nowadays, feminism is more for female-dominance over men. And it's leading to the emasculation of our society.
    Yet it is funny when something bad comes lurking around, they turn to the men to fix the problem, but the very next day continue spouting about how strong and independent they are.
    Give me a break...

I encourage people to give up on feminism. If you are truly for equality, then be a humanitarian. We can't just focus on the issues of one side and expect the other side's issues to magically disappear... it doesn't work like that..

2. #2 X14, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2srzh-sgP_U&feature=relmfu[/ame]

3. Woman still make less on the dollar sooo how about equal pay? Is that too much to ask for?

4. #4 X14, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    Typical misinformed response.
    What about how many high-paying jobs are male-dominated?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb_6v-JQ13Q&feature=relmfu[/ame]

5. The video would be a lot more interesting if it actually listed the 25 decisions.
    Kinda pointless.

6. It's actually 1 of 8 videos. Go crazy.

7. Or just watch this then. It's way more attention-holding anyway

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHP3aFBAFj8]Internet Studies - Feminism 101 - YouTube[/ame]

8. a woman is a good thing, a feminist usually is a pain to them its all about gender

9. *pulls up a chair and waits for the show to begin*

10. #10 Slang, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    edit

11. Earn it. A lot of high paying jobs are dominated by males. It doesn't mean the demographics are a result of sexism....lol

Did you know rich ceo's are most likely to be over 6 ft. tall, and a more likely to be born from april-june?

Do you think there is discrimination based on height or the month you're born in, or do you think those people just happen to be better?

Typical feminist bullshit. You have every advantage in life that men do, and when someone doesn't do as well, its OF COURSE someone elses' fault. Give me a break.

12. Good, I got here before it really started.

Sent from the Green Green Garden of Eden

13. Sweet!! I like my chances!! :cool:

14. lilly ledbetter would love this thread.

15. im a dude, and i really love hearing guys talk about feminism.....its funny as shit!

OP: you're a fool

16. Why is it sexist to say that men's rights issues don't exist, but it's not sexist to say women's rights issues don't exist?

There are still issues on both sides, if you ask me.

17. What about the fact that women can commit the same crimes as men and invariably get lighter sentences. Or the fact that family courts typically favor women? The system favors women in a lot of ways.

The feminists of 100 years ago were brave social reformists, you really can't compare them to today's brand.

18. How about actually contributing to the discussion instead of making foolish implications that men can't understand or have valid opinions on feminism and gender issues?

Of course I suspect you have nothing of value to contribute so you resort to childish name calling. Which isn't allowed btw.

19. Dude I'm sure if anyone hit you regardless of gender the authorities will get all "uppity" in your favor.

20. Dude I'm sure if the cops were called because a woman hit a man, they would just laugh and hang up.