moderator idea

Discussion in 'General' started by negligent, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. you know how on TV shows that involve school sometimes there\'ll be an episode about the character being a hall monitor for a week?

well what if we did that on GC but with being a moderator, anyone interested could post in a thread about wanting to be a moderator, and then every week a new moderator would be announced and they\'d have mod status for a week like being able to move, delete, edit threads, but no banning ability

i dunno, just a thought

cuz sometimes i\'m on here n i think \"man i\'m on here so much, i could be a mod\"

anyone else think this would be cool?

i\'m sure it wont happen or anything

2. Well unless the current mods are unavailable for long periods of time, I don\'t really see a need.... unless maybe they just want a break. There would have to be some kind of requirement like a minimum post count and rep.

3. I don\'t know if post count and rep would really be the best qualifications. There are plenty of people with high post counts and rep and I don\'t know how they\'d do as a mod. Although high post count would be kind of important...if they post a lot then they\'re on here a lot and could definitely get some stuff done.

It\'s a good idea, but it wouldn\'t work out as nicely as you want. Sure it would be great for a while, but somebody would get the spot and go overboard with power or something like that and ruin the whole thing.

4. Yeah, that\'s what I\'m afraid of too. I think the mods we have now use good judgment and don\'t let personal interests motivate them at all.

5. I just think they should have an election and elect 1-2 new ones each year.

6. yea i know what you mean, someone would definitely go overboard with it and be an asshole n thats why i said it would never happen, i jus thought it\'d be kinda cool

7. i could be a mod >_>

8. I can see it now. Don\'t let the FOX execs get ahold of this one cuz I\'m not so sure I could handle a \"So You Think You Can Mod\" reality show.

Fucking \"reality\" TV. Can\'t fucking wait til it finally blows over.

9. Haha an elections an awesome idea! Have advertising campaigns and debates and everything... Policy plans, everything.. Haha

10. Haha I agree....

CosmicSerpent \'08
    For a stronger GrassCity.

has a nice ring to it.

11. since its my idea id expect to be your running mate.

yeah have elections and have certain features ud like to implement or something. but elections would def be awesome. allow people to have a say in who moderates. of course the admins would have the ability to veto.

12. CosmicSerpant is soft on trolls, the same trolls who want to take away our freedom.

Vote DirtyPete for change in \'08

13. I do like the idea and have been wanting to be a mod for quite some time, Even tho i haven\'t been posting as much lately, I am still on GC quite a bit.

Sadly, As long as the writer strike continues, Theres going to be an influx of the crap.

Ill run against you.

My first action as mod, Will be to end this needless flame war, We have innocent member being banned daily and it needs to stop. it is my promise to you that all members will be withdrawn immediately, I also promise to remain fiscally responsible, And unlike my opponents. i have the posting record to prove it.

BigSmoker 2008
    The Better man For a Better GrassCity
    <table style=\"width: 12px; height: 24px;\"><tbody><tr><td>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

14. DirtyPete wants to raise shipping prices on bongs!

15. The war on trolls isn\'t going to fund itself my friend.

Do you want someone who is willing to let these backwards people thrive and fuel the flame war just over a few dollars on shipping?

Let\'s keep what\'s really important in mind people, there are sleeper trolls all over, some of them respected members of the community, just waiting to let loose with their spam and flaming.

A vote for DirtyPete is a vote for change, a brighter tomorrow for GC, an end to the flame war and an end of trolls trolling and spamming the forums.

We all need to make sacrifices, but my oponenets lies will make you feel otherwise, they are in it for the power and not to make a difference. We need a strong central power to fight this war folks, and I\'m the one who can structure it properly.

Vote DirtyPete.

16. I\'d vote for either smokentoke or bigsmoker for mod, that\'s just me though

Although I\'m pretty sure I could do a better job at moddin then the both of you put together :p

17. Do you really want an alcoholic drug addict in charge?

18. Someone should actually suggest this idea to the staff, and make their be minimum requirements to even run. say 1,000 posts and be a member for atleast 1-2 years or something.

I think itd be really cool to get the community involved in the process. Plus the site needs a couple more moderators anyways.

19. Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security. -Benjamin Franklin

unlike my opponent DirtyPete,(Who voted for the GC Patriot Act.) I believe in liberty and freedom, I will end the flame war without taking away your rights.

20. Haha some of you guys should actually have a go at the real thing man you\'ve got some flair :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.