Moderator Approval?

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by GrowNewb, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Ok so im having an issue that i just quite don't understand. I just made a thread in the Indoor Marijuana Cultivation section without issue. I had received a reply to the thread and wanted to make a reply back. However when i use the quick reply it now says it will not get posted until it has moderator approval? Why?? I am trying to reply to a thread that I started. I just don't get it.. Never had issues like this on anyone elses forums. Any thoughts as this is becoming very annoying. This has happend when i try to create threads as well.

2. Hello ,

Can you please supply me the Url to the thread

3. The issue you are experiencing is caused by our spam filters. You are posting a link in your second post with a block of text. Grasscity is identifying this as potential spam.

EDIT: Sorry Gink didn't see you in here.

I approved the post for you.

4. Is there a better way of posting a link without having it caught by the spam filters? Or better format? As i had this happen a couple times. Just want to make sure i post correctly to avoid any issues.

Thanks

5. gnik drazil is our resident tech admin. So he may be able to give you a better answer. But I think once you get to about 20 posts you should be clear from the filter.

6. Ok great!! That makes more sense at least that problem has been clarified.. I had been scratching my head on that way for a while..

Thanks a bunch for the fast feedback

7. No problem, any time.
    It was a sacrifice we had to make. If the filter is switched off then we get flooded with spam threads. The only downfall is that it will catch the odd post/thread which shouldn't be moderated. But they are normally approved by a moderator within 24hours.

Welcome to Grasscity and any other issues please let us know.

8. #8 Psylent, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
    Hey all, tried to post in Micro Sub-forum, had an image as my first post... may have hit the filters. Can you guys check it out?

ETA: I retract my previous statement.

9. I also posted to a thread I started about an hour ago and it's not posted yet. Any chance you could look into it?

Thanks!

10. How do I know if I have received moderator approval? I made a thread yesterday in the introduce yourself with no links or pictures and now i can't even tell if the thread was rejected or fell through the cracks.

11. If moderators approve your posts/threads they will automatically appear and your post count will increase