Moderately Experienced Soil Grower wants to go Hydro :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420FLASmoka, Oct 11, 2009.

1. So here's the dealio. I've tried soil, and while Im happy with the more persistant stability of soil grows, I think hydro would be more beneficial for me since I have an indoor grow in an apartment that I don't want to track dirt into. I also like the feeling knowing all my plants receive the same amount of nutrients.

I saw this video...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0siVpjUn8FE&feature=related]YouTube - Top Feed Drip Hydroponics[/ame]

Top Feed Drip Hydroponics

My grow room right now is a 6'x3' walk-in closet. I pretty much have 100% of the total floor space available as I recently renovated the room, hanging all equipment that didn't need to be on the floor (I.E-Ventelation, powerstrips, ect). Would a Top Feed Drip system be most beneficial to me? I've seen the bubble buckets, and while they seem very easy to make, and the idea can be applied to larger applications, I'd like to have a system where the water is circulated throughout the whole system, which will allow more room for time gaps between checks I'm thinking (please correct me if Im wrong).

I'm semi-prepared for the transition to hydro as I have a Hanna Combo meter already, which is another reason I'd like to go hydro, because my meter will be far more efficient and accurate with a water-based system.

Thanks everyone!

2. Just a suggestion, but you may wanna move this to the advanced growing section, as that's where most of the hydro experts reside. Just a thought to get you more specific exposure/help. Good luck with it, as hydro was a bit much to handle IMVHO...

3. i don't know man, soil's soil..as it was intended, maybe you'll lose a bit of flavour by switching, then again maybe not, a thing about hydro is that most probably than not you will flood or have a real mess at some point (source: friend with setup), with both systems you can be creative but still, you're experienced with soil, maybe it's worth the sacrifice.