Model walks into propellor, sues.

Discussion in 'General' started by rain dancer, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Ok, I feel bad because she lost a hand and an eye, but seriously...
    You walked into an airplane propeller.

2. You aint got no fucking yeezy in serato? Suing :cool:

3. Lowkey she could still get it(ghetto voice)

4. [quote name='"thelizardkin"']So India jones type shit[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this lol.

5. People try to sue for the most ridiculous things these days. It's like they refuse to take responsibility for their own stupidity.

6. To be honest, this girl is an idiot and doesn't deserve to sue. But whatever. Her face is fucked and the career she was in is over. So she should enjoy whatever $ she gets, because it won't be able to undue her stupidity. She already paid the price for that.

7. Imagine seeing the pavement turn into a funhouse mirror when you realize it is actually your fucked up face resting on the ground, as you go to pick up your slimmy goop face off the ground you realize you can't pick it up because you lost your hand! 10 times out of 10 most people would not have this happen but 10 times out of 10 you wouldn't walk into a spinning propellor:rolleyes:

8. whether it was her fault or not if someone offered me $200k right off the bat id sue too, shes probably going to get a lot more than that now

9. When you think about it, it kinda is the airports fault..

What if it was a little kid that walked into the propeller? Kids slip away from parents all the time, would a kid just be able to run into a propeller like that?

I mean, I'm pretty sure at my airport they wouldn't allow me wandering off by the planes engines..

I'm not saying this lady isn't an idiot, she is.. But the fact that she was even able to get near the planes like that is due to a lack of awareness from the airport's staff..

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5vZovv8cPk&ob=av2e]Arctic Monkeys - My Propeller (2010) - YouTube[/ame]

11. [quote name='"Meneks"']When you think about it, it kinda is the airports fault..

What if it was a little kid that walked into the propeller? Kids slip away from parents all the time, would a kid just be able to run into a propeller like that?

I mean, I'm pretty sure at my airport they wouldn't allow me wandering off by the planes engines..

I'm not saying this lady isn't an idiot, she is.. But the fact that she was even able to get near the planes like that is due to a lack of awareness from the airport's staff..[/quote]

That's like saying it's the train company's fault if you accidentally walk in front of a train. Common sense would tell you, hmmm...might not be such a good idea.

12. No it isn't, lol.. This is at an airport where security and staff are supposed to be watching their equipment. Anyone can just walk in front a train like an idiot, it would be nearly impossible to watch every single person to prevent a case like that since not every case of people walking in front of trains is at a station.

Its not like someone could walk in front of a plane while it was flying.

What I'm saying is that while the lady is still an idiot, how hard was it to keep someone away from some dangerous equipment like that, especially at an airport. People aren't even supposed to be close to propellers like that anyway :confused:

13. On the bright side she still has her mind....wait...

14. Well who would have thought a woman burning her cooter with mcdonalds coffee would made her rich

15. Just saw this story somewhere else, there's a picture of her face, just has an eye patch on but most of her face is still fine. With some good plastic surgery she should recover fairly well, will have to get prosthetics for her hand and eye though.

16. I like how everyone points to "common sense." how many people have you known in your life with any "common sense?" even in voltaire's time, it was not a common function/ability. Stupid is as stupid does, but i like the point about the little kid. Thats why there are protocols in place, but they should also know better. Imo, its both of their fault. The pilot for ignoring protocol, the model for not paying attention.

17. #57 SirenWasHere, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    I can't believe people are making fun of her appearance, how immature do you have to be? She's going to be disfigured for the rest of her life. Who cares if she looked 'manly' before.

And it's easy to walk into a propeller. It has happened to passengers and crew men alike. A running plane is VERY loud. Mix that in with night, possible fog conditions and an inept fight crew who points you into the wrong direction and bam.

She's lucky to be alive and I would fucking sue too, and I hate random suing.

18. Someone who is dumb enough to walk into that deserves to be made fun of.. The link in the OP isn't working anymore, but seriously. You don't cross the street without looking first, you don't walk into a whirling propeller.. unless you're so caught up with your phone, which she probably was.

Christ, if I wanted the world to pay me for being an idiot, I'd sue cell phone companies when I get a fine for texting and driving.

Annnnnd I did a lil digging. She didn't accept or reject the $200,000. $200,000 was their sublimit for dealing with the injuries. She is trying to say that she wasn't a passenger anymore, that she completed her exiting from the plane. Their policy is for injuries of passengers, whether on the plane or getting on or off the plane. She is trying to say she was no longer a passenger at the time of the incident.

That doesn't give her anymore merit to me, still a fucking moron. And then to try to say she was no longer a passenger..

Courthouse News Service

19. Fixed the link.

20. That too bad she didnt die.