Mobius vs. Sovereignty

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by thedeacon01, Aug 11, 2012.

1. I PERSONALLY own a mobius strato matrix and it is flawless.

2. One nano a friend had sat totally crooked to one side, the whole tube. Another where the downstem went in was tooottaaallly crooked, not even close to being in the center of the tube when the downstem was in, and the stereo the stemless female joint was deff off a few degrees. Thats just what i've personally seen. Still great glass.

3. Oh wow that would be frustrating to drop that much on a piece and have it flawed. I guess i got lucky.

4. #24 Capital, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    Both are just as nice. I own both and do not prefer my SG over my Mobius nor my Mobius over my SG.

Both artists make very different percs and very high quality glass. I would choose whichever perc you like - or whichever you can get your hands on - and you will not be disappointed either way.

The guy who said Mobius doesn't even compare is simply wrong. I personally have not seen any flaws in them - and a few other collectors I respect state that if they have seen flaws they have been minor.

5. I've hit a stem line and i owned a mobius matrix bubb. Both hit super nice, hard to compare a bubb to a tube, but if i had to pick lets say a sg pillar vs. a mobius stereo matrix, id go with the stereo matrix.. and its not that hard to find one without any flaws, i never knew mobius had "flaw issues" until now. i hear the stereo is a smoother hit from someone who owns a sg pillar and the stereo anyways.

bottom line.. Mobius = concentrate/hybrid pieces, SG = flower. All personal preference (but id go with the stereo only for its lack of drag and versatility and it just looks plain dope.. especially the worked ones)

6. #26 denieddd, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012

yeah obviously a pillar perc sg is cooler then mobius. its over 1,000 on aqua.lab and its NEVER instock

both are very good companies and delivery high-quality

and for the guys saying mobious runs rampant with imperfections, you have no idea what your talking about... ive hit a stereo matrix and it was a flawless toke for flower and oil

7. Im gonna get to hit a stereo matrix for the first time tonight. Excited to feel the difference over my sov

8. [quote name='"Nate489"']Im gonna get to hit a stereo matrix for the first time tonight. Excited to feel the difference over my sov[/quote]

Ahem. Make a milk video please. :)

9. [quote name='"Nate489"']Im gonna get to hit a stereo matrix for the first time tonight. Excited to feel the difference over my sov[/quote]

I really liked it, just had too much water, very tasty and pleasant hit.

10. So far i like it. Not as tasty as my sg. Very smooth and quick clearing. I like the gurgle of the stemline better.

It's a 60t. The mouthpiece is a bit wonky on it. Its not straight at all.

11. this guys got it. both are great for what theyre made for. i have a matrix perc bub for oils and wana get my hands on a peyote pillar

12. I just got into glass but can't ever imagine paying 1200 for a pillar. I'm eying a mobius nano at the moment but the lhs wants 5 bills for it and thats not happening. I'm contemplating picking up a sg king stem but the thing is a monster and not sure i want that big of a piece

13. [quote name='"thedeacon01"']I just got into glass but can't ever imagine paying 1200 for a pillar. I'm eying a mobius nano at the moment but the lhs wants 5 bills for it and thats not happening. I'm contemplating picking up a sg king stem but the thing is a monster and not sure i want that big of a piece[/quote]

I'm in the exact boat as you. Most I'm trying to pay is 400. And I can get something smooth with that, but I'm content for now.

14. water laboratory technologies my friend.

15. Isnt mobious a socal brand.

16. :smoke:Let the arguements begin. In reality- I find it quite hard to compare one of my SGs to my mobius's or vice versa. Two different types of pipes man....

Regardless, both are extremely well made glass. Imperfections only were in one batch of mobius's and from what i have read/heard most of it has been cleared up. The stereo matrixs with the holes....

17. [quote name='"Vermonster"']:smoke:Let the arguements begin. In reality- I find it quite hard to compare one of my SGs to my mobius's or vice versa. Two different types of pipes man....

Regardless, both are extremely well made glass. Imperfections only were in one batch of mobius's and from what i have read/heard most of it has been cleared up. The stereo matrixs with the holes....[/quote]

This. Circle said for them to not be shipped or sold and we all know it from there.

We can argue til blue in the face, but they're both stupid.dank. So if your torn, buy both. :smoke:

18. I had just got a new 65 stereo. When I finally opened it, I noticed the bottom matrix was slightly tilted. Thought it may not mess with function so tried it out. Completely made an uneven pull that I didn't like. So I contacted circle on fb. He says it was not likely it was tilted because he quality checks the pieces as well as making sure the shops check them. So I sent him pics asking if I could just swap it out with a straighter one. Three clear pics of it. He never responsed after that. Made me want to never buy a mobius again. My sgs were purchased from water labs and they were flawless. So if anything after all this I can take away and tell you guys that with mobius just always check the glass in person if you can.

19. #39 Vermonster, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    lets see the pics...

20. #40 Vermonster, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    It really is the same thing as always. Some SG's have arrived with flaws- SG normally corrects them and sorts it all out, or the glass shop. Same typically from what i hear with Circle and Mobius. They correct errors or flaws. If you genuinely had a flawed tube, i am sorry you didnt get helped out! It is glass though, and they are artists. Not trying to argue here. Just saying my experience and what others have said...