Mobile Nutrient Deficiency? Yellowing And Dotting Of Lower Leaves.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Ganjito, Sep 18, 2014.

1. This blow bonsai beauty is growing in some homemade soil I cooked up for a few months and are exhibiting an issue with their lower leaves. There are no pests on the leaves or anywhere else on the plant. It has happened to a few of my clones in this soil and am hoping to amend it to improve this issue. The rest of the plant looks amazing. Here are pics.

Sent from my XT1060 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Pics

Attached Files:

3. #3 noizviolation, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    The yellowing happens ( may be slight nute burn/def ) , and so do the little tiny spots....... normally when you have bugs =( be sure to look close on undersides of leaves, use magnification too if possible.

4. Well I did write their were no bugs since I checked a bunch and sprayed rosemary oil regardless. The dots tend to be more white when from bugs and not yellow due to loses of chlorophyll. It isn't a burn because it only happened on the two bottom leaves. This leaves a nutrient deficiency of the mobile kind. I was hoping for a narrowing down of the possible culprits and not a reiteration of the title.

5. Has anyone had a potassium deficiency? The yellow started midleaf on the margins and not from the tip down hence my suspicion of K

6. Thank you

7. You're very welcome.   :smoke: