Mobile home conversion

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by MaineDave, Oct 8, 2017.

1. So I am in a mobile home. The main grow area is 24 feet long by 14 feet wide
    7 feet 4 inches high. I have put down plywood to cover the old floor which was in poor condition under the rug (which was removed).
    I think I want to use some sort of paint or sealer on the floor. Do any of you have suggestions on how to seal up that floor?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. thompsons water seal maybe?

what about plastic sheeting and then stapled up the wall?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. This works!

4. Pond liner from home depot and pond liner tape.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marine grade plywood with a heavy strong flat matt white undercoat and primer

water-based, as you don't need them oily fumes in your bud!

then some used quality waterproof kitchen type lino tiles on top

good luck

6. If your using this for long term then remove the old floor and lay a new one then you can use silicone to seal cracks and then paint it white with roof sealant its thick and waterproof so it will make good for any spills but you could lay plastic as well but i say this only because i have a carpenter's background and have seen alot of money wasted in this plan when you have rotted floor boards and you cover it up with fresh plywood over time the moisture in the original floor is absorbed by the dry wood and it rots all over again but if its short term its really your call hope this helps

7. Roll of linoleum flooring from home depot
    Set the whole sheet of it from side to side
    The pond liner costs a fortune

8. You can buy it by the foot in different widths
    upload_2017-12-31_18-32-21.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. What about mylar coated plywood/foam board?

10. I would use a white piece of kitchen flooring I have it under a tent and inside a tent

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

11. There's a product I've used for behind shower tiles. I think it's called red guard. There's also a blue version. Make sure that it works with plywood as a backer.