MMORPG's

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by dle_240, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Any one here play any? I use to play Dark Ages. Then went to FFXI. I have seen WOW a couple of times but never really played it.

2. I used to play Dark Age of Camelot for a very long time. Then I went broke and couldn't afford the monthly subscription, and haven't played an mmo since.

3. lol, yea. Dark ages got really big the last time I saw it. I had to quite FFXI because I went broke.

4. I'm part of the generation of lost souls who played PSO and got lost in it for a year or two. The only other MMORPG I've checked out is WoW. I hit 70, got an epic mount, and I've taken a break for a couple months. I'll probably renew for the expansion and see what they do with the talent trees and whatnot. Whether you like the game or not I think the developers deserve credit for making such a solid game.

5. i just started playing PlaneShift again :) and am downloading CS.

6. I used to play WoW all the time. I havn't played it since they came out with the expansion that lets you get to level 70.

I was interested in going back, but I must know: is WoW still any fun?

7. I really haven't heard much about WOW sense it came out and everybody was playing it. I just have this problem with mmo's that when the game has been out for a while you can't seem to find a party anymore. And in FFXI you have to have a party to lvl. And lvling in that game takes forever when you get high lvl. But you can do some bad ass stuff on there. I love just teleporting and warping places. lol

8. it is funner now that there isnt just pve option for gear, you can get good pvp gear look at mine:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Murderu

nst you'll like that hah ^

9. raiding in wow is hella fun, pvp is good stuff too. def just as good as wow was when 60 was the shit, now 70s the shit. def worth checking it out

10. Do you ever have those jack asses that pull like a shit load of mosters and then they go after you and you can't attack them because it says the other person is fighting them? I forget what it's called. But it sucks. usually high lvl people do it to clear the room out of parties so they have the hole dungon to themselfs.

11. I played WoW for a lot longer than I should have, had a level 70 Shaman decked out in all Kara and Gruul epics (this was before people were downing Mag and going into SSC) I stopped playing and left my character dormant. Now I can only imagine that his gear sucks compared to what people have these days. I will get back into it just to see what it is like when the new expansion comes out. I had some great times playing that game with the people in my guilds, but it was just too much work, effort and pain to keep up on the cutting edge gear wise. 5-6 hours for 4-6 days a week raiding takes its toll after 3 years.

12. Haha sounds like my character. I was resto though, so getting into a raid was no problem for me. Plus i have gone into SSC and TK several times. But yeah like you said, Raidiing was a full time job, too much work for a game.

60 was much better than 70 raiding IMHO. All the 70 stuff isnt as fun as the old raids like MC, and Naxx and shit. ZG will always be my favorite raid. Hands down lol.

13. Yeah my Shaman has always been Resto too, I never ever had trouble getting into raids, I was such a good healer (no ego inflation meant) that people begged me to come raid with them, even other guilds wanted my hot heals. And I agree, 60's raiding was the shit. A night of ZG and some weed was heaven, you could log on to our night at any given time and here a bunch of drunk idiots screaming "Get that fucking debuff off me you son of a bitch! It hurts so bad!" "Quit your fucking whining, Ill get to you when I get to you, you son of a bitch!". MC was kind of painful to wade through but BWL was pure sex. I just can't stand these 10 man raids in the expansion pack, part of the fun with raiding with 40 people was that you could kind of slack off a bit, the ten mans required you to be constantly on top of your game and concentrating.

14. I've been playing WoW since about 6 months after release and I still don't have a 70. 66 is the highest i've made it, just because I hate grinding, I hate running instances, and quests take too long. Now I just play on private servers where i can have instant 70 and whatever weapons I want. I wanna see everything right away. Fuck working for stuff!

15. i could never understand what encourages people to want to play a game to keep other people alive(healer).. im all about the killing.. been holy one time, shadow priests are a dying class at 70 but i dont care i dont play much these days. i have max arena points and honor for the day were more powerful lol, maybe 80..:smoking:

16. Here is the thing, no one ever has intentions of healing when we start the character. Priests are always Shadow from 1-69, Shaman are always Resto from 1-69 and Druids are always Feral from 1-69. But when we hit 70 and try to get into raids, we get bitch slapped and forced into respeccing into Resto or Holy just so we can actually get in on a raid. I played a Resto shaman for 3 years and hated every second I had to heal people. I would much rather have been up on the front lines hitting shit with a giant axe.

17. For gears

WoW is like goldmine for RL money.

18. My main job in FFXI was a healer and I loved it. It's just that I like magic more and it's harder than you think at times. Keeping buffs up, making sure no one dies, and keeping agro off you all in the same time. But the plus about whm is that you can teleport and you can use these spells to make money by taxiing people around the world.