MMMmmmmmmm sexy

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by NowIsB, Jul 3, 2012.

1. It's a Mac...

2. Lol.... and? I would like to see you find a monitor that offers the clarity and support that this one does... But you wont. so dont try ;)

idgaf about pc fanboys, this shit makes any gaming rig without one, look like shit.

3. I prefer my big ass tv.

And ya know...things that aren't macs.

4. Its ok i get it, some people have cheap taste :)

5. #6 Fëanor, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
    As kickass as it sounds, Thunderbolt is too expensive and too proprietary right now.

For a little bit more money, this is a superior display:

Dell UltraSharp U3011
    30" (vs 27 for the Apple)
    2560x1600 (vs 2560x1440 for the Apple)
    7ms Response Time (vs 12ms for the Apple)
    DVI, VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort (vs Thunderbolt only for the Apple)
    Four USB ports (vs 3 for the Apple)

Newegg.com - Dell UltraSharp U3011 30" Black 7ms IPS-Panel Height, Swivel Adjustable Widescreen LCD Monitor 370 cd/m2 DC 100,000:1 (1000:1)

I should also note that this Apple monitor is an old one. Anyone considering buying this should absolutely wait it out for a while. Apple has just come out with their Retina display technology that lets them significantly increase resolution, and this monitor doesn't use that technology. I'm sure that in time Apple will be releasing a version with their Retina technology.

For computing, resolution is better than screen size. Trust me. I'm typing this on the 47" 1080p TV that I use as my primary monitor. And I would rather have a higher-resolution display on a smaller screen size.

6. mac/10 thread would read again

7. Yes that too has a nice specifications.

But i think apple displays have the nicest appearance overal. Though i would prefer a non glass display due to glare.

I believe benQ makes the nicest displays next to apple, but much less affordable compared to other brands .

dont think id get a27" either, unless i had a deep desk. and all they have is 27 " D: :(

8. I said nothing about them being better, they're just my preference. I would rather use something I already own.

Plus my laptop has a 1080p panel, that's plenty for when I'm away from the tv.

9. call me when macs are more game developer friendly

10. call me when mac fanboi's use another reason besides "support" as a reason to buy. I never buy extended warranties or have I ever called tech support for any reason. My philosophy for all the Apple fanboi's, unless you are a in a graphical intensive environment ie. graphic/web design. PC's will always dominate just as they do now as proving by market share. Just like apple lost all its market share to android because Google had a product that was not only superior but FAR superior in price vs performance. That is the way the world works so get used to it. Price vs Performance is the only test that matters in the REAL WORLD. <--outside of an i-store or apple commercial and/or training materials they hand out to all the dumbasses they hire.

11. It actually all comes down to how much money you have, and what you are willing to spend.

Some people buy macs just because they like them more did you know that D:

12. But how can you like something more that isn't superior compared to something with better specs and a cheaper price? Just comes down to status really with macs

13. looool

14. [quote name='"NowIsB"']

looool[/quote]

Lol what? Pc > mac

Spend 1k on newegg and have almost a super computer 1k will get you an old used mac.

15. Woah looks like we got a fanboy war going on here.

16. cool story.

Take any mac product and it is higher quality and better than its counterparts. Its just too bad you have to pay more. Well not too bad for people who can afford it.

Ipods > Other MP3 players
    Macbooks > Other laptops
    Displays > Other displays
    OS X > Other operating systems

17. Let's not forget that all the hardware in macs are easily available for pc. Of course, I don't know why you would go for a laptop graphics card, slow ram, or 3gbps sata hdds vs 6gbps rather than much better parts that you could still get cheaper than what apple sells them for, but whatever. Apple really is all image. If you want to waste thousands on a computer that's worth hundreds, more power to ya. But you can also run mac os on a pc if that's your thing, so yeah...

18. This is true, but lets not forget that windows is as secure and comfortable to use as tin foil shack in the middle of the Mojave. Of course, I dont know why you would choose a product that will crap out and whind up overheating a year after you purcahse it. But you can also run Windows on a mac if thats your thing, so yeah...

19. #20 lilro, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    No HDMI = Fail. Massive FAIL.

And Linux FTW. Fuck apple and microsoft.