Grasscity - Black Friday Sale - up to 70% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMMM Cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by JayBirdy, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Hey guys don't hate me for this thread but I've looked over so many different cannabutter recipes that it's stupid and they are all different!

I've tried making cannabutter a few times, and I've always gotten mediocre outcomes. This is the method I used this time:

a couple cups of water, 2 sticks unsalted butter, 3.5g fresh bud, 20g ABV bud in a pot at 130 degrees for 3 hours. In the past my butter has smelled a little burned so I decided on a low cooking temp with little to no steam visible.

In the expert eyes of you guys, will this batch work? My instinct says no, but my heart says they will be the best yet. Any thoughts? Probably not but thanks!:smoke:

2. #2 farquit, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    I just made last night. I'm smashed.

3g good green
    3 tablespoon clarified butter/ghee
    3 tablespoon chocolate (or nuttella.. whatever you can stand to eat a spoonful of)

Pre-heat oven to 162Celcius
    Grind up weed
    spread weed out in a flat even layer small tray/plate
    Put it oven for 5 mins.. or whenever the weed is dry and crumbles easily
    Turn oven down to 110Celsius
    Put clarified butter in small cup (I use an espresso cup)
    Mix in the weed with a small utensil (so you don't remove much butter when you mix)
    Cover weed/butter with foil
    Put in the oven for as long as you can wait. I fell asleep and left mine on overnight.
    Add chocolate into warm butter/weed mixture. If you use nutella then wait for the butter to cool down for longer.
    Eat a small spoon
    Wait 45mins - 1.5 hours..
    yeeahhhhhhh.. fucken smashed.

I don't strain, I am clumsy and would end up doing something stupid. Its not bad to eat it mixed with chocolate.. just got some crunchy bits.. but they should be crunchy like cereal if you make it right.

The water temperature stops the butter from getting too hot. Either clarify your butter or buy ghee (google) or use coconut oil - saturated fat. Let it go longer than 3 hours. Decarb your fresh green (plenty of posts on it here) OR change method.. combine methods.. you know, instead of trying to do it the same way all the time.. maybe you will do better with another method. I've changed mine up over the years, I like where its at now though. Easy, no mess, works well. Bazinga.