Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ vs FDA Approved Drugs

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by musho3210, May 17, 2010.

1. Some charts that can help arguments:

Deaths from Marijuana v. 17 FDA-Approved Drugs - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

It's all pretty unbias to both sides, which I like. It helps your argument because the lack of bias helps retain facts while not showing you off like a dumbass pothead whos only source is Bob Marley lyrics.

I'm sorry if you're one of them, but it's very detrimental to the cause when you fit the stereotype of a pothead...

2. Yea seriously mj doesn't kill anyone the laws out now are really stupid.

3. Yeah,

Something interesting on that site:
    Marinol is the direct cause of 4 deaths, and the indirect cause of 1 death.

4. keep in mind some of these medications that do kill are still pretty necessary because mmj couldnt treat many of the conditions listed.

regardless, it is proven time and time again that marijuana is for the most part harmless. its political and its economical.

5. I disagree with the bolded statement, b/c MJ has been proven to treat many of the conditions listed. In fact, I wouldn't doubt that the authors of the study chose these conditions because MJ has been known to treat the conditions. Otherwise, the study wouldn't be very valid, would it?

Great find, OP. You should forward it to Granny Storm Crow, to add to her list, if she hasn't found it already. :)

6. FDA-Approved Drugs Prescribed in Place of Medical Marijuana

there is a separate chart there for the ones that mmj could replace. some of them it could not. mmj cannot treat psychosis nearly as efficiently as other drugs. as i stated, it cant treat many of the conditions. however it can treat many of them