Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ - Vaporizer temp question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by N0rthernLights, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Had a question for any vaporizer/mmj experts. I've searched the forums on this topic before but I couldn't find anything.

Anyways, I'm not technically a mmj patient because I don't live in a mmj state, however, I do suffer from chronic migraines that I manage with prescription drugs (Maxalt MLT) and cannabis.

I realize that different cannabinoids vaporize at different temperatures, but are there different temperatures for different ailments? For example, with my migraines, would vaporizing at a lower or higher temperature be more effective?

Just a thought/question...thanks in advance

2. I think THC is the anti-migraine cannabinoid but I may be wrong. Anyway, THC vaporizes at 275 degrees F. If you want to have a thc- only high keep it around 275. But you can crank it up to 390 if you want to get all of the medicine at once. CBD and CBN don't evaporate until around 400 degrees F.

3. If you are looking for pain relief of any kind, the higher temperature cannibinoids (such as CBD and CBN) will provide that relief, hence a higher temperature vaporization is required.

160 degrees Celcius for THC up to 205 for CBD I believe - try vaping at a higher temperature, I guarantee it will do you wonders brother ;)

4. Oh and sorry for the "brother" comment, I know you are a sista really according to one of your previous posts haha :p

5. Try looking in the Toking Tools forum, because I know we have a topic in there on this, I've posted in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.