Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ speech help.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Secretkush, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Because nobody looks at the MMJ section I'll put it here even though it's the wrong section i need some responses

Just to get it out of the way. Speech is required before you graduate at my High school. I'm 18 and a senior, wish I would have taken the course my freshman year like most people.

Today in my speech class we were told to make a persuasive speech over any topics the teacher approves. I asked about MMJ and she approved. On the grounds that I stay reasonable and don't start telling kids to smoke pot.

Really no guidelines, just has to show both sides of the argument. I figured I would go with the topic of bringing MMJ to the state. It has to be done by Friday and has to be 3-5 minutes.

I know to check out websites like Norml and maybe take a look at granny's list. But can I get any other websites with good, proven, backed up info about MMJ.

Thanks!

2. abovetheignorance

3. Talk about how it went from a crop that was mandatory for all farmers to grow to a schedule 1 drug, classified as dangerous as heroin.

4. yea wat you can do is talk about the curent system being abused. countless clubs popping up all this medical marijuana is used as a front for people just looking to get high. because of this, many MMJ clubs are being shut down. I dont know if your looking to talk about legalization, but yes check out grannys list for MMJ benefits.

There's a lot of info online iff you search for it.

5. I'm also thinking about other, easier topics. This damn speech is due Friday. Speech teacher is a bitch.

6. If you have some time to kill, watch "The Union." I watched it yesterday and it was incredibly detailed in its description of marijuana's place in our society today. However, since your speech is only 3-5 minutes long, you should probably just look up some websites.

7. if you need any help, feel free to shoot me a pm. ;]

8. And how cocaine is a Schedule II!

9. its not allowed to be too persuasive if you have to show both sides of the argument?:confused:
    anyways, maybe you could refute some common misconceptions with solid evidence?
    ie: causes lung cancer, brain damage, addictive, etc...

3-5 minutes isnt too long when your up there so choose your few best arguments and you should do fine:wave: