Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ Patient needs help!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CaliFornicater, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Hey guys so I have a slight problem. I have a legitimate verification from a doctor to start growing (in CA I believe it's up to 6 plants) but I live next to a public elementary school. the only way i could get 10+ hours of light is if I put it on my roof, but that is highly suspicious. Does anybody know the law regarding growing next to schools or anything that's visible to a helicopter? I have 0 income right now and growing would save a huge expense long term. Thanks!

2. Do you know anyone who is an attorney? Of course you can't grow on the roof. Do you have a closet? You could grow in there. even a small space I was oer in the growing section and they were telling someone hoe they could grow in a one foot tall area. You should go to the apprentice section and tell them what space you have indoor. Make some room.

Sammy

3. ya know i have wondered the same thing, only im in colorado, and im not debating a roof grow lol.

but i have wondered if being a medical patient excludes you from that annoying 1000ft buffer that schools have around them.

on one hand i would think that you would be okay if its a small grow and it was not obvious. on the other hand i think that the 1000ft drug free zone around school is a federal thing, so our state mmj laws may not help us...im just not sure.

but i would suggest maybe calling a lawyer, or just going ahead with it if your gonna be 6 plants or under. im pretty sure you will get away with it

4. I've heard it go both ways

I would go here CA Medical License Search and make sure that your doctor has a current and standing license to practice medicine so at least if you do get caught your rec is valid. Before I got mine most of the doctors I looked up had suspended licenses or were under probation.

If you're worried about long term savings why don't you slowly start building a grow space?

5. i could grow indoors but its los angeles and theres so much sun itd be a waste lol but iguess if every thinks that growing on the roof is bad, even for a legit patient then i guess i have to start back on page 1.

6. Growing on the roof is an absolutely terrible idea. There are so many things that can and will go wrong it not even worth it. Yes there is a lot of sun in California, but unless you can grow somewhere in the wild or on your own property if you own a lot of property or don't live too close to your neighbors. But to do such a thing on a roof, your just asking for it.

Look up how to build a small grow box or something if your low on money, you can start growing for pretty cheap.