MMJ Investments - Do YOU Own a Piece?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by MicanopyMadness, Sep 30, 2014.

1. I live in a state that is considering legalizing medical cannabis.  I have a background in banking and finance.  I have been approached by a few startups who are raising operational capital through a Regulation D private placement offering.

Have any of you invested in such an opportunity?  If so, do you care to ealborate why - what were the pros and cons for you?

Likeweise if you turned it down.

Thank you for your collective wisdom!

Mic

2. don't understand the question, are u an investor, or looking for investment. i live where it will take some time to be legal here, but i've been taking care of need's for more than 20 yrs, and would like too sell my gig to a go-getter, like i was 40 yrs ago. if u start where it's illegal, u have  the `comparative advantage`, this has been born out in most legal states now, where do u think all that seed money comes from and all the cottage industries that accompany. i don,t like legalization of sell. for some-thing i can grow and make good money- little work. 
    Know any body interested in buying an `up and running`gig???

3. I am neither.  I am having people who want to raise capital come to me looking for introductions to potential qualified investors.  They are doing this using  what is called a Reg. D offering - a "private placement".  People usually invest by buying "units" and getting ownership through stock shares.

I'm curious to learn how often, if ever, people invest in such endeavors.

4. Well, after more than 400 views, any not a single person wanting to come forward and tell about how and/or why they invested in a bonafied MMJ opportunity; I have no choice but to conclude that such an investment is indeed very, very far and few between.

I'd have thought otherwise.

I will say this though; the number one reason people I've spoken with are not going to do it yet is because of the Federal moratorium.

I can't argue with that.  While nothing may happen at the local/state level, it seems to me you're still laying your neck on the block for the Feds.

Thanks!

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412531888.754212.jpg

Tuckerjonesisreal
    Invest in yourself and make yourself money.

Tuckerjonesisreal