Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ for use with brain tumor?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ImAsweatyBoy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Hey GC, i was wondering about using medical marijuana to slow the growth of tumors in the brain and if anyone else has any information on this subject. The reason i was wondering is because i have a olive sized tumor on my brain stem, they still arnt sure exactly what kind of tumor it is but i have seen afew articles on line about MMJ slowing the growth on tumors in the brain and was wondering if there was anyway under washington states laws that i would be elgiable for MMJ.

2. CANCER- GLIOMA/ BRAIN

Anti-tumor effects of cannabidiol
    Short News November 9th 3002

Cancer Killer
    Latest News - U.S. War on Drugs Stalling Mind-Blowing Research into Pot's Cancer-Healing Properties

Cannabinoids Inhibit the Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Pathway in Gliomas
    Cannabinoids Inhibit the Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Pathway in Gliomas -- Blázquez et al. 64 (16): 5617 -- Cancer Research

Inhibition of Glioma Growth in Vivo
    http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cg...61/15/5784.pdf

Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme.
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Cannabidiol triggers caspase activation and oxidative stress in human glioma cells.
    iHOP - The non-psychoactive cannabidiol triggers caspase activation and oxidative stress in human glioma cells.

Cannabis extract makes brain tumors shrink, halts growth of blood vessels
    Cannabis extract makes brain tumors shrink, halts growth of blood vessels

THC tested against brain tumour in pilot clinical study
    IACM-Bulletin

THC inhibits cell cycle progression in human glioblastoma multiforme cells by downregulation of E2F1 in human glioblastoma multiforme cells
    Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits cell cycle progression by downregulation of E2F1 in human glioblastoma multiforme cells.

Down-regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in gliomas
    Down-regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in gliomas: a new marker of cannabinoid antitumoral activity?

Cannabinoids inhibit glioma cell invasion by down-regulating matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression.
    Cannabinoids inhibit glioma cell invasion by down-regulating matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression.

Anti-Tumor Effects
    Anti-Tumor Effects

Cannabinoids Induce Cancer Cell Proliferation via Tumor Necrosis Factor {alpha}-Converting Enzyme (TACE/ADAM17)-Mediated Transactivation of the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor
    Cannabinoids Induce Cancer Cell Proliferation via Tumor Necrosis Factor {alpha}-Converting Enzyme (TACE/ADAM17)-Mediated Transactivation of the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor -- Hart et al. 64 (6): 1943 -- Cancer Research

Marijuana ingredient may reduce tumours-study
    Reuters AlertNet - Marijuana ingredient may reduce tumours-study

Cannabinoid action induces autophagy-mediated cell death through stimulation of ER stress in human glioma cells
    Journal of Clinical Investigation -- Cannabinoid action induces autophagy-mediated cell death through stimulation of ER stress in human glioma cells

Cannabidiol inhibits human glioma cell migration through a cannabinoid receptor-independent mechanism
    Cannabidiol inhibits human glioma cell migration through a cannabinoid receptor-independent mechanism

Targeting astrocytomas and invading immune cells with cannabinoids: a promising therapeutic avenue.
    Unbound MEDLINE | Targeting astrocytomas and invading immune cells with cannabinoids: a promising therapeutic avenue. Journal article