Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ For Knee Pain

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Badlyinfluenced, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Im looking to get my MMJ Card in the state of CA. Im just wondering if daily chronic knee pain is a good enough reason? The pain originated from my skiing, which I do pretty much every weekend in the winter but it hurts me on and off season. I take about 6 advil a day while skiing just to make a it bareable. I dont use advil when im not skiing but the pain is noticeable when I get out of chairs or cars and run. Any insight for me?

2. I don't really know to much about that, I was wondering the same thing because I got hit by a car back in the days of my youth, that broke my femur and dislocated my knee and if medical marijuana becomes legalized in NJ that will most likely be what I will use because it does still bother me to some degree. Back to your orginal question that seems reasonable if you have to take that much advil everyday to keep it under control. I don't know about advil but I think Tylenol or some shit like that has some kinda bad side effects if taken frequently... Where as marijuana you might only catch a bad case of the fuck-its or eat more cherios then you regularly would.

3. Yeah Advil (Ibuprofen) is for joint pain and Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is for general pain. Acetaminophen is whats in Vicodin and Codeine pills as a filler because it causes liver failure if you take too much. Ibuprofen has less side effects. Thats why I don't use Tylenol. Even still MJ is a better option that either in my opinion. It most definitely dulls my pain from what ive noticed.

4. I don't know about California, but in Colorado, any Chronic Pain qualifies you for Medical Marijuana. I have a bad left leg, no knee and I got it for that. but I have RSD/CRPS too.

5. Most likely you will be able to get a recommendation, make sure you bring copies of your medical records to the recommending physician.

6. I was thinking the same thing, since i get Chronic knee pain from soccer after 14 straight years of playing year round. My body is like a 40 year old man already. Just depends on your doctor because the one i saw the first time i wanted a recc. said my problems wouldn't hold up if i got arrested or anything like that.

7. any kind of chronic pain in Cali is eligible for MMJ.

Enjoy your legal smoke.

8. Getting a rec in California is cake, some docs are not even interested in seeing your med records.

9. You can get a MMJ card for anything. If you get records from your old doctor that show complaints of knee pain, you'll get it.