Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ for IBS in Arizona

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Skepsis, Sep 5, 2012.

1. I have already checked Will's sticky to see if I qualify but it does not specifically state irritable bowel syndrome. It shares many of the common symptoms of Chron's disease though. Everyday I wake up with nausea, pain (5-7/10 on a scale), diarrhea, and vomiting to some extent, I have had testing done and the only conclusion the came up with is IBS which according to them is not really something to will truly ever go away. So what I am asking here is with my current symptoms that are very persistent would I qualify in Arizona for MMJ?

2. I just checked the AZ site. Here is a link toeh FAQ where I found this ifo I am giving you.

Arizona Medical Marijuana Program - FAQs - Patients

It's question #7 and it says

A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or the treatment for a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that causes:
    Cachexia or wasting syndrome;
    Severe and chronic pain;
    Severe nausea;
    Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy;
    Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis

I think you would qualify but you will need to see a Dr to make sure. They do try to be flexible.

Good Luck.

3. if it helps you i would definitely recommend taking advantage of the fact that you live in a medical state:smoke:i think you only have to pay them if you get the card(at least around me thats how it is).

4. I have not heard of that around AZ. I know that my Dr and a few others will still charge you full price the first time as a new patient and then you may need 2 more visits so the Dr can diagnose your problem. Mine charged $100 at the time and $50 for the 2 follow ups and you got your sign off after the second. They say if you don't have medical records showing your problem they have to have a real Dr Patient relationship and can do that in 3 visits.

5. Well, I've called them and sent medical records from 4 doctors tp them. They got back to me quick and said I am approved for for a certificate and all I gotta do is go in Monday to get it basically!

6. damn.i glad im in cali.it took me like 10 minutes with the doctor and as soon as i got out i went to my first dispensary. and alot of doctors around here dont charge you the money unless you get youre card.way different out here.imo if they give it to most people yet still require the 3 visits than thats just a way for the doctors to rip you off.loll.mine cost 50 or 60 bucks and renewals are 30 or 40 but ive yet to get the state card from the department of health for mmj.i just have my doctors rec which is all that is needed besides id to get in a dispensary in cali. 100 or 200 bucks is just too dam expensive

7. Ya Tokin Ca was way easier but they have been doing it a lot longer. We have only had our program since April of 2011. I have renewed once and what really sucks is when you do renew, it cost you the same as it did the first time.

Skep that's cool. My Dr does Mondays also. Is the guy in Mesa at Counrty Club and Baseline?

Once he gives you the paper work you may have to wait a couple hours up to the next day for the AZ State computer to update. Sometimes it fast but never more then the next morning if you had a late Dr appointment. Then you have to print a few thing, sign and scan them back into computer along with ID and picture for you card. With in 5 min you will get an email back telling you the State has approved your application. And within a week you will have your "Green Car". Ya it's really green.

That is great that you found a DR and will get this taken care of, with records there isn't normally a problem at all. It is a great weight off your shoulders the first time a cop drives past your car while you have a Z on you. You'll get freaked out then it dawns on you that you are legal and that cop can't do anything to you even if he did pull you over.

Keep us posted.

8. I actually got approved by the medical marijuana certfication center in scottsdale. I only sent so many dr. Notes because I had them handy haha. I've been blazen for years and ever since I was diagnosed with ibs it works better than anythen else!
    Know of any good dispenseries around tempe? I know there's not a ton yet

9. i feel sorry for the az patients that are on a budget, after you get out of the doctor you cant even afford to get meds for another month or two. i read somewhere that california med patients will be recognized by arizona but they cannot buy from az dispensaries. im gnna take advantage of this next time i go to arizona.need to stock up beforehand to:D

10. the problem with IBS is that its not considered a chronic and seriously debilitating disease. If u had celiac disease that would be different, because celiac disease is an actual autoimmune disorder that erodes the intestinal lining, causing colony cancer, malabsorption and osteoporosis.

On the other hand, IBS is a general term for people who have those kind of symptoms, such as diarrhea, constipation, and nausea. These symptoms can come from many different things including a gluten sensitivity. Have u tried cutting gluten out of your diet?

And honestly speaking, it sounds like u have chron's disease rather than just IBS, in that case, u should be able to get a prescription.

11. Actually ibs is considered a chronic condition. The problem with ibs is that they do not know where it comes from so they can't really explain it. Many people can have ibs and have flareups all the time and some may not have another issue for 50 years. I was approved for a card so apparently it does count!a

12. #12 R107SL, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
    but the thing with ibs is it doesn't cause actual damage to the body. There is no organic cause for ibs. IBS is literally a general term for those kind of symptoms. U may very well have chron's disease as they have the same symptoms but chrons disease is an actual disorder.

Oh ya and they other thing u may have is a type of food allergy that is causing these problems. U maybe feeling nauseous when the body is trying to digest the food. Have u been checked for gluten sensitivity?

13. I have, its not a gluten issue. I'm actually still getting testing done to find the root

14. thats chill

15. I'm glad that's not the issue, that would blow. Just glad they approved me for a card, bud is the only reason im eaten well right now. :smoke:

16. Most people with Celiac Disease, once they are diagnosed and after being on the gluten-free diet for a while, no longer experience Celiac symptoms unless they accidently consume gluten. I have Celiac, and if I lived in a MMJ state that considered Celiac to be a condition that qualifies one for MMJ, I'd definitely apply for a card - but to be honest I really don't need it, because the disease is already under control through diet.

17. Unfortunately they do not know what causes mine. They leaning towards chrons more than anything. And being able to get a card would be better rthan taking the 4 medicines I take now