Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ for IBS and migraines?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by zacdavey, Nov 15, 2011.

1. #1 zacdavey, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    So recently my mom found out I was using marijuana especially before bed to help me sleep. Now I get tested and I cant use it anymore, and I CAN'T SLEEP. I have always has pretty bad sleep problems and I think I have 1st degree insomnia so this isn't something that has just started. My mom told me she would let me use medical marijuana for sleep if I qualified. So I looked it up and I cannot get MMJ in Washington state for insomnia or anything except sleep apnea which I definitely don't have. I did a little more research and found that I was qualified for irritable bowel syndrome which I was diagnosed with 5 - 7 years ago, I suffer from this several times a month. I also have very frequent headaches after school that usually make me want to just sleep and that on top of my possible insomnia has made me completely unproductive and my grades are starting to slip. My mom is telling me that I have migraines and I read that that could also possibly qualify me but I have not been diagnosed or have any medical history of migraines. What do you guys think my chances are for getting MMJ in Washington? Would you say I'm qualified?

2. Step one is to get diagnosed by a regular doctor! Until that happens, nothing happens!

After that, there are various Washington MMJ groups that can help you better than me- I'm in California! Run a search!

If you click that first link in my sig, you can find many MMJ studies that support your medical use!

And cannabis PREVENTS my migraines if I use daily!

Granny

3. Thanks very much. I clicked your link and saw that marijuana can also treat ADHD and ADD. Do you know if I can qualify for that on Washington state?

4. A committee of the Medical Quality Assurance Commission and the Board of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery will hold a hearing on January 11, 2012 to consider adding Attention Deficit Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder to the list of qualifying conditions.

5. thats for washington