Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mmj Delivery

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by b4tt1n1, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Hello peeps, I live in California and down here in LA there's a lot of people that deliver mmj instead of owning a dispensary/collective. I'd like to get into this business as I would like to help out patients that can't make it to the shops and earn a couple extra bucks on the side. So are there any special requirements besides having a card, a steady supply and reliable transportation?

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yea, just dont get caught

3. I was wondering the same thing.
    -a fellow californiab

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. it's not technically covered by any of the California medical laws. so its a BIG no no legally speaking. also have been hearing the dea has been secretly shutting them down in the last few months. be very careful, the're basically just "medical"  black marjet dealers in the eyes of the law.

5. that's what I was thinking, although when I first saw it, it seemed legit because they were delivering it to people who had cards. It's no different than what my dealer used to do with the exception that I didn't have a card lol I'm sure buying oz from different shops would raise red flags too

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 ICGreen, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
    You need to form a collective.

DELIVERY SERVICES
    Although state law has no explicit provision for delivery services, they can be justified on the grounds that many patients lack transportation and cannot grow for themselves.
    The best way to organize a delivery service is as a non-profit cooperative or collective. The management should be in the hands of the membership, not a single individual. (See definitions of collective and cooperative above.)

See this link for more information; :smoke:

http://www.canorml.org/prop/collectivetips.html#cultivation

7. Having a card, supplies, and transportation will not be enough for you to have a delivery service. You'll need proper documentation, follow certain procedures and a few other things if you'd like to do it legitimately and be 100% compliant. You need to be incorporated so your personal assets can be protected. And don't forget to check if business license is required from the state, county, up to city level.

It's not super difficult, but can get very confusing very quickly if you don't know what you're doing. Anything you fail to do, as dictated by state, city and county regulations and you're just asking to be made an example out of by law enforcement.

If you'd like more specific help or have any questions. Let me know. This is exactly my field of expertise. :)