Mmj Debate Gets Heated In Florida - Video

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Green Wizard, Apr 28, 2014.

1. video link:

/http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/politics/2014/04/18/medical-marijuana-st-pete-college-forum/7854717/

Seminole, Florida -- "If you cant control your passion, you need to leave," said the moderator.
    Another day, another drama filled debate.
    "This term medical is a smoke screen," yelled one man.
    Called a Village Square Forum at St. Pete College in Seminole Thursday night, the event intended to explore medical marijuana and gauge where people stood on the issue through a text voting system.
    Pot advocates squared off against Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, and at times, it got intense. The sheriff and the anti-pot crowd argued the amendment on the November ballot is merely a vehicle to recreational use and will open the door to new horrors.
    "It's a gateway drug that will lead to other things like opiates, like oxys, and all the others like cocaine, you name it. My greatest concern is for the kids," said Sheriff Gualtieri.
    But others countered, saying that is a scare tactic.
    "I hate to break this to you, but those same kids you're referring to can get it right now," yelled one man from the crowd.
    Even Alex Sink showed up with an open mind.
    "I'm here to learn. I haven't made my mind up yet and maybe I'll come away with my mind made up after tonight," said Sink.
    One of the most emotional moments came when a debilitated Cathy Jordan spoke about how marijuana has helped her. She's the ALS patient the Florida Amendment is named after.
    The other came from a man currently battling incurable cancer who bravely voiced his choice.
    "I use marijuana. I get it off the street," he said.
    One of the speakers was former President Reagan's drug czar Dr. Carlton E. Turner.

2. That Sheriff is a dumbass!!  DUMBASS!!  "It's a gateway drug that will lead to other things like opiates, like oxys, and all the others like cocaine, you name it. My greatest concern is for the kids," said Sheriff Gualtieri.

Or how about how FL is known for giving our oxy scripts like candy (atleast was a few yrs ago)?  Or how about a Dr prescribing you opiates, xanaxs, somas, etc then cutting you off.  Where you gonna get your drugs at then?  And if weed was legal medically or recreationally, it would cut back on other drug use (since they will stay illegal, coke, meth, herion).  Lets see, I can get a quarter of some fire ass nugs for 60$ (legally) or a nights worth of coke/meth/herion, that could easily be cut with all kinds of stuff.  Hmm, what should I choose?

3. It painful how this is even still a debate in 2014. Things are going to get interesting in Florida. I've lived my whole life here and I never even dreamed of MMJ being on the ballot, always figured we'd be the last state. Hopefully we have enough people to vote yes... certainly would be a dramatic step for this state. I have full intention to start the first (and biggest) dispensary in the Tallahassee area, don't need some chode of a Sheriff fucking that up for me. Restrictions permitting, of course.

4. sheriff is an elected position...recall petition time?

5. This is fucking outrageous. Complete fucking outrage. I cant believe this sheriff, this brainwashed fuck, is spouting this out dated, disproven bullshit. Its not a gateway drug and legalizing it will make it harder to get for kids amd kill the black market (if done correctly). This is complete BS. Everything he is saying is completley false. It should be a fucking REQUIREMENT for the sheriff to know and research this issue before spouting off out dated BS such as that. Im sorry, but the fact that people are still making these claims is incredible. The stupidity of humans is astounding at times.

I understand your anger, but you do realize this debate took place in Florida? It's been almost twenty years since mmj first got legal status in this country and Florida is just now coming around to debating it. Expect more douche bag commits in the future from these prohibitionists like:

It's a gateway drug

What about the childern?

legalization will increase crime

Marijuana causes mental illness

It's a schedule 1 substance with no medical value

Social costs outweigh tax revenue

and many more!

7. Yeah, many uninformed people out there. I just re-read my comment and I must've been pissed when I wrote that. But I was pissed for a reason, and it was a good reason. That shit shouldn't be acceptable. The MMJ activists need to step up their game and shoot down ignorant opinions such as those instantly. The fact that this cop is allowed to say false statements such as these makes me think we still live in the reefer madness days.

8. I agree that it is aggravating to hear false statements being spewed like he's going to prevent some worldwide catastrophe, but as long as there are opinions there will be people who have different opinions. We just have to hope that we can get enough people to support the cause.

"It's a gateway drug that will lead to other things like opiates, like oxys, and all the others like cocaine, you name it. My greatest concern is for this kids."

This really is bull. It really is. The term "Gateway drug" really cannot be limited to just MJ. Gateway would be something that introduces you to a certain thing. Any drug has the ability to be a gateway drug but MJ always gets it right away which is completely ridiculous. It is because it is so easily obtained and odds are if that person had never smoked MJ they would have experimented with other drugs or already have, i.e alcohol. And they way we live today, if a child wants to get their hands on something, they will find out how to do it. Unless the sheriff was talking about very young children, it's not like there are going to be 16 year olds coming into dispensaries and buying quarters and such, that's not how it works. It is just as easy for kids to obtain is now as it will be once it is medical and or recreational.

With the proof not only from the two elderly people in the video, but people all around the world, MJ helps people. It shouldn't be singles out as something that ruins peoples lives when alcohol is completely legal and causes thousands of deaths annually.. Why doesn't the sheriff talk about that?

9. Isn't it still only a single staring high CBD legalization only I'm under the impression and the facts how is this going to happen this genetics plants are going to have to be started from scratch in Florida or trafficked from state where said charlottes web was created Colorado a lot of laws will have to be broken and a dispensary that only sells the product and byproducts of a single product only but Charlotte Webb bud only but charlottes Webb oil wax hashes or edibles also heard it's alternative is any other weed must test lower than .8 % THC anything more is considered illegal still just from reading the bill I don't see people having dispensaries everywhere to sell one item or product without violating laws and such and growing your own how the hell only chArlottes web marijuana seems super fishy I want no part in it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Nah dude. You got to get your shit straighten out.

This is about Amendent 2 put up by unitedforcare.org. Not the limited CBD bill passed by the florida legislature as a way to confuse voters like yourself to not support amendment 2. Amendment 2 has issues of its own, but it's a hell of a lot better then this CBD only bill.