Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ Clinics in Colorado

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MrsBea, Jun 11, 2012.

1. This is my first time posting here, so, hi everyone! A few questions:

I just moved back to CO and am hoping to get my med card due to the pain in my foot and knee after a car accident last summer. My right tibia and fibula were broken in the accident and the surgeon went through my knee to insert a metal bar down my leg to screw it into my broken bone. Well, my leg healed fine, but my knee hurts and creaks when I bend it and my foot gives me all kinds of problems & pain (I believe it too was broken in the accident but it was never x-rayed so the doctors never caught it). It is constantly swollen even a year after the accident and it cracks/pops when I walk. It hurts to walk and stand. I'm about to start a job that requires me to be on my feet a lot which exacerbates the pain & swelling so I'd really like a relief from that.

So my questions are:
    1. Would this be enough to qualify me for a med card?
    2. Would I need my medical records (it's pretty obvious from the scarring that I had a broken leg/surgery)?
    3. What clinics or doctors would you guys recommend in Denver or surrounding area?

Thank you in advance!

2. 1. Definitely, sir.

can't help with the other questions as I'm not sure.

3. I'm a ma'am, but thank you. :)

4. I apologize :D, have a great day and good luck!

5. I know there is a clinic that has a onsite doctor and and provides medicine onsite. I think its in boulder. I'm moving to Colorado soon and found it. Ill try to find a link and post it if you go let me know how it is cause I want to go there for my severe back pain.

6. You really should have your foot checked out.. but it definitely is enough for you to get your med card.

7. 1. Your injury would fall under the "Chronic Pain" qualifying condition for CO, which leads to the next answer:
    2. Yes, you will need documentation of your chronic pain. Your application goes through the CO Dept. of Public Health and Environment and is approved/denied by them, so if you apply without any sort of documentation, your chances of being approved are severely lowered. Give any documentation possible about the details of your injury and surgery(s) for your application, and you will stand, in my opinion, a 99% chance of being approved for a MMJ card.
    3. There is no shortage of clinics in the Denver area from the last time I was visiting there, just get on WeedMaps or WeedTracker and start searching, and you'll find one immediately. If you want info on strains specific for your injury/pain, there's a guide stickied on this board, and also Leafly.com will help as well with that. Good luck to you!

8. Just about Anyone can get their card in Colorado.

9. I think you're confusing that with California haha