Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mmj card in socal.. where is my name stored

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Fester0g, Jan 8, 2013.

1. I understand that getting a bud card can be done 2 ways. One getting it from a random clinic who offers it and 2 getting a state issued card.
    Now my question is, would my name get stored in a database or will my name (or record for having a MMJ card) show up somewhere? For example if a background check is done will it say anything about it?
    Thanks

2. [quote name='"Fester0g"']I understand that getting a bud card can be done 2 ways. One getting it from a random clinic who offers it and 2 getting a state issued card.
    Now my question is, would my name get stored in a database or will my name (or record for having a MMJ card) show up somewhere? For example if a background check is done will it say anything about it?
    Thanks[/quote]

I am from ca and from what I get you are saying you have it a little mixed up.
    You get your Rec from the random clinic.
    Then you take your rec to the county registry ( I don't think there are state cards just county) and register with the county and they give you a government issued mmj Id. If you went to one of those cheap whole in the wall places i would get the county id, I'd your went to a legit Dr where there do 24/7 verification i would not worry about it. I have had mine for 6 years and have never did the county card thing.

3. Well I have had my rec for about three years. Each time from a different place. Each also had the 24/7 verification. What im trying to find out is, if other people (whether it be work related or watever) will know that I have a rec. For lack of better words what are consequences from getting a rec (being one from a 24/7 validation place) sry im sober and confused.

4. not in socal

you just get the rec, and on it there's a website printed, and a serial number for your prescription.

the clubs take this, and check the website to verify the rec.

no county database.

5. So what your trying to say is its just for dispensaries to be able to determine who is a "patient" and who isnt?

6. exactly. the dispensaries just have to cover their ass and show they verified you if the cops ever come knocking, they have no interest in sending everybody that info tho.

7. Awesome man. Thanks for the help
    Toke it ez mang

8. [quote name='"Fester0g"']Well I have had my rec for about three years. Each time from a different place. Each also had the 24/7 verification. What im trying to find out is, if other people (whether it be work related or watever) will know that I have a rec. For lack of better words what are consequences from getting a rec (being one from a 24/7 validation place) sry im sober and confused.[/quote]

From what i get I don't think there is.

9. #9 fletcher9230, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    Good question. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Let me know if you come across anything pleasee :-D

11. Everybody above me is correct. You first get your recommendation from a doctor. Its just a piece of paper with a copy of your license, a sort of letter saying the doctor recommends your for medical marijuana, and at the top there is a verification number. Its this number the dispensaries put into their database. It tells them which doctor you went to and it tells them when it expires.

from there, if you want the state I.D. card, you have to go in someplace and they copy your rec. and put it into a state database. I'm not sure who has access to that database, whether its just government of if jobs can look at that. I never did it because it cost money and i didn't really care about having the i.d. card. I never minded carrying the paper one around. Some people would rather just have a card in their wallet its easier to whip out and show to cops or the clubs

12. [quote name='"flamsnfills"']Everybody above me is correct. You first get your recommendation from a doctor. Its just a piece of paper with a copy of your license, a sort of letter saying the doctor recommends your for medical marijuana, and at the top there is a verification number. Its this number the dispensaries put into their database. It tells them which doctor you went to and it tells them when it expires.

from there, if you want the state I.D. card, you have to go in someplace and they copy your rec. and put it into a state database. I'm not sure who has access to that database, whether its just government of if jobs can look at that. I never did it because it cost money and i didn't really care about having the i.d. card. I never minded carrying the paper one around. Some people would rather just have a card in their wallet its easier to whip out and show to cops or the clubs[/quote]

My rec came with a card not the state one though.

13. You can get them from clinics who originally gave you the rec. You just ask for it and maybe pay 10 bucks.

14. be aware that cops will NOT recognize it as a legal rec, you need the one issued with a seal and signature if you get pulled over etc. Some clubs will let you use it for entry for returning members, but the first time there you'll NEED the original. The card is really just a novelty.

15. [quote name='"hello ladies"']
    be aware that cops will NOT recognize it as a legal rec, you need the one issued with a seal and signature if you get pulled over etc. Some clubs will let you use it for entry for returning members, but the first time there you'll NEED the original. The card is really just a novelty.[/quote]

Both times I was stopped they did. He checked my card called the number to verify and let me on my way. I guess it all depends where u live and what type of cop you run into. All the clubs that I have been to will need the original to let you in the first time. Then they would print out a plastic Id for the next time you came back they just scanned it and let you in.

16. you got lucky... without an original seal and stamp, they don't have to accept the card as proof of rec. This info coming from a friend in the force.

17. The following is based on my understanding of the Colorado MMJ regulations:
    I just went to a clinic and got my recommendation two days ago. Getting a recommendation alone does not put you in any database. The doctor simply evaluates you and fills out some paperwork, which they then hand to you.

You then mail these forms with a $35 check to the Colorado MMJ Registry. There your name will be put into a state database that dispensaries can access to confirm you are a valid patient.

To the best of my knowledge, patient privacy rights states that without filing paperwork specifically requesting your MMJ status, only the dispensaries should have access to the knowledge of your status as an MMJ patient.