Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ card for insomnia

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Bud420, Jun 27, 2009.

1. #1 Bud420, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
    I don't think anybody on here is a doctor but could I get a card for insomnia...like cuz mostly every night I try and go to sleep it takes me like 3hrs min to finally fall asleep just laying their in bed

btw idk if this is even considred insomina

2. If you are in California-

1) Go see a regular doctor about it. He will likely give you a prescription medication. Ask for a copy of your medical records and keep the pill bottle.

2) Go here- CA NORML Medical Marijuana Information

3) Make your appointment, take the records, pill bottle and $ and go get legal.

4) Indicas seem to work best for sleep.

3. So you think that is considred insomnia if so idk why I have been suffering this whole time when I could have been getting help D:

oh and how much money is it?

4. so would it be easier to get a card if ive been taking medication for insomnia for a while?

5. Your insomnia could be marijuana induced. Do you experience these problems when you hit a dry spell after smoking regularly before bed for a long time? Have you always had sleep problems? Try quitting smoking for awhile and see if your sleep patterns normalize. It worked for me, but it took about 3 weeks to be able to fall asleep easily and quickly without weed.

6. I really only smoke on weekends and this has been happening for a majority of my life

7. just tell the doctor you have insomnia, and it effects: your ability to pay attention, your mood, your eating habits, etc.

make sure you have a list of symptoms from your insomnia or else the doctor wont write anything down in the chart notes, and the more the doctor writes about your insomnia in the chart notes the easier it will be to get a MMJ card.

8. If you want a doc approval and you are 18yo or older, just go to a "weed doc" and GET ONE. You don't need to bring anything except $100 or so and the ability to fill out a form where you will be given multiple boxes to choose form and check, any one of which will be justification for your approval.

You don't pay if you don't get the approval, but everyone gets approved.

9. Bootyjuice, while that may be true at SHADY doctors who are not reputable and won't stand behind their recommendations, it's not indiciative of all MMJ doctors, and we don't need to be promoting the wrong way to get a MMJ recommendation.

Please stop before the mods make you stop.

10. If the reality of getting a doc approval offends your sensibilities, I would recommend that people go one step further and use their approvals from "weed doc's" to obtain completely squeeky clean, legitimate Medical Marijuana Program (MMP) cards from the California Department of Health. Recognized by The State Attorney General and every LE agency in the state.

11. i told my clinic that same ailment just like u did. fist visit no medical records just a perscribed pill bottle of aderol for add. im sure it helps to bring a perscription in or medical records but i have the same problem u do where u wont fall asleep for hours, since ive been on mmj, i sleep a whole lot better.