Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

mmj card + cops = ??

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by elmo676, May 4, 2009.

1. #1 elmo676, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
    if you have weed in your car and you have a mmj license would you get into trouble by the cops if you got pulled over? like would they take your bud, arrest you, and all that bs? or are you completely safe? and how far does the law stretch, like could you smoke outside, or do you have to do it in your home? could you smoke on your lawn?

curiousness, but if you can answer thank you

edit: if you grow, and you can keep up to the legal amount, can you sell the rest to medical marijuana shops?

2. I am allowed to possess 60 grams of dried marijuana.

3. As far as I know. I don't think cops will really do anything. If its in your trunk and you have the card on you,you should be fine. It's the Fed's that you would have to worry about. Hope this helps.

4. As long as I am not smoking at the time because that is grounds for DUI.

5. i'm so damn envious right now :(

6. A friend of mine who is also a patient got a possession ticket a little while ago. All he had to do was go to the court high as hell, show the judge his rec, and off he went.

7. Keeping meds in your car, not in the trunk, is not the wisest course of action. The ONLY Identification that California police HAVE to recognize is the State ID card. If they want to be pricks they don't have to recognize your doctor's recommendation and can cite you for possession and sieze your meds. of course when you go to court you will get the ticket expunged and you should be able to get your meds back.

However, that's a hassle and a half.

Just keep your MJ in your trunk. You'll be happier.

8. I think if i cop tried to confiscate my bud id push that legal battle as far as humanly possible :)

9. do any of u guys have a card? ahhaa

First you have to check your county to see how many grams or ounces you can have on you @ any time, bc they defer depending on county. Also if you grow how many plants you can have are different by county. Also since FEDERALLY its illegal to have marijuana any cop can place you under arrest. LUCKLY if you do have a club card or a dr recommendation its easy and free ( i think if you are a club member you have access to the co op lawyers i was pretty blasted when my friend told me some info about it when i had a question for him )

Most of the dispensaries have the posters EVERYWHERE saying something to this effect;

Dont consent to any search, whether it be in your car or purse or etc

And if you are under arrest for possession say i retain my right to stay silent and i want to see a lawyer

Dont draw attention to yourself aka loud music in your home or the INFAMOUS meter expired and your chillin in ur card smoking with buddies.

i got a flyer in my car i got from the berekely patient group for all the lines in case one arises since i travel a lot and ride with at least a quarter on me at all times, + edibles ahhah so my car is smelly at times

10. From what I know, state cops cant arrest you as long as you are under the rules of the specific area. If they are dumb enough and you didnt break any of the laws under MMJ, they just wasted time on you for nothing. This goes the same for growing in your house. I know for MI, it has to be in a locked room at all times and only a certain amount of plants, and also, some cities are trying to outlaw MMJ..... Mainly the religous (christian...retards) and old people that are mega brain washed.

11. They usually do not do anything. My friend and I who both have our cards have been pulled over a couple times (in his car) and they are usually either
    1. Really pissed at the laws because they can't do anything and let you go, while slamming the car door on your leg
    or
    2. Be cool with it and let you know why they pulled you over..etc