Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ card and a job

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rschalk117, Dec 3, 2010.

1. So if you have your medical marijuana card, and want to get just a regular job, just for example say working at a bank, or something of the such, how would that go down? Would it go, even though its medical they dont give a shit and would say no, or they would understand your conditions?

2. who knows, i wouldnt let a potential employer know i had a card anyways, smoking weed never looks good to an employer looking to hire you. just quit for a month and come back strong when you get your job
    but if you really want to know what would happen, i would check out http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/

3. I would think that not hiring someone due to that person having a medical condition (or for medicating for that said condition) would be unlawful.

4. Depends where you live. I know a lot of people that live regular lives with cards, here in Canada. However, if you live in some trash state that still thinks weed is crack, and is throwing piss tests around like they are going out of style, I would say your chances aren't quite as good. Anyways, good luck OP. If you do live in one of those oppressed states, I suggest moving haha. :smoke:

5. You'd think, but you'd be wrong. It's still against Federal Law, and any workplace that adheres to the Drug Free Workplace act won't hire you if you can't pass a drug test. It's been held up in court more than once.

They are perfectly free to not hire based on cannabis usage, medical or not.

6. What a world..

7. Workers have several recommendation - :D

If one has questions regarding job drug testing, I think that he should discuss these concerns with his employer. Unfortunately, even if he is a legal California medical marijuana patient, the status of his employment is still up to his employer, as this situation is between the patient and the employer.

Country recommend informing his employer that he is a legal patient under Senate Bill 420, Proposition 215 Health and Safety Code 11362.5. If necessary, provide them with copies of these laws.

My advice is he may consult a lawyer for legal advice. Do an online search for lawyers near him.
    :hello:

8. Isn't it a federal law that employers can not descrimiate because of disabilities or illnesses? Since you're a medicinal patient, I'm assuming you have a legit reason for being a card holder - and that they can not discriminate against.... I think but I don't know since I don't live in the states...

9. It is a federal law but that's not what really happens..

I've also read that most employers can't see that you have a mmj card. Can anyone confirm/deny that?