Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ And the common cold/Allergies?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Bootyshake0, Jun 6, 2011.

1. I believe marijuana heals the common cold a lot faster then your body would normally. Can someone explain to me why if I am correct? and Why is this magnificent plant still illegal? To sell at ridiculously high prices? :confused: Also, does it help with allergies? I have real bad allergies sometimes..

2. helps my stuffed nose and sneezing... dry mouth with dry nose. i dont really know about cold but it works for me too. but why? anyone know?

3. I think it's all in your head. Smoke weakens your immune system. But the effects of marijuana sure can make you feel better temporarily.

4. smoking cannabis has no affect on your immune system. studies have shown that it may increase your immune system, the studies have been ignored.

5. any type of smoke is not good for you immune system. and personally bud has made my allergies worse. i noticed after i stick my nose in my pill bottle to take a fat wiff of my bud, that my allergies flare up and my nose starts to water a bit or ill need to sneeze. its cuz we smoke the flowers and it has pollen.

6. if you're sick, don't smoke. it makes you stay sick. if you really want to smoke then make and edible, or vape at a low temperature. otherwise, it will do more harm than good

7. Female marijuana plants don't make pollen. ;)

8. MJ does not CURE anything (still need a proper study on RSO and it's effects on cancers)...it gives relief of a multitude of symptoms though, without deadly side effects, like pharmaceuticals do today.

"Chicken soup cures a common cold...have some, 2x a day, stay in bed, take a shot of whiskey every hour or so when awake, and in 10 days, your cold should be cured..." (paraphrased) is spouted off by old-timers in my family tree, they won't listen to the fact that a cold last about 7-10 days and the rest is just for comfort, not a cure...;)

9. not a cure...
    as to why it's illegal, still...ever think to read a book, visit NORML.org...use google to find tons of information...or :)eek:GASP:eek:) use the search functions on the GrassCity forums...
    do some actual research before asking on a forum.:rolleyes:

maybe, but we need a proper study to be sure...not just testimonlial from a bunch of potheads on the GC forums (me included..)..and who ignored what study?...references please...

clueless...so clueless...buds are female flowers...the male plants have pollen, not the females...but why bother to know facts when you can just bullshit people...:(

nope, it doesn't...if you have a study to prove your claim, provide a link or name of the source.

ya...some people just don't know what they are saying, glad to see you have a clue.:D

I am amazed at the misinformation being spread here....please reference some medical books and studies...not some 'friend of a friends cousins drug dealers' opinions...:confused_2::confused_2::poke:

10. what are you admin? im saying this from personal experience. two separate times when I had the common cold I refused to stop smoking and I stayed sick. As soon as I quit, my condition improved. I know marijuana is a healer, but don't act like it does absolutely no harm.

and please don't call me out like that and tell me to cite my claim. you're not my english professor or admin. just in case you cant tell from my username/sig I hate when people try to police things. Especially when its something as innocent as a marijuana forum-- and ESPECIALLY when that person has no authority. Take your full light green rep to the seasoned tokers section if you want to feel all high and mighty. thank you. that is all.

11. nope, just informed, educated, full of knowledge, not bs...:rolleyes:

...you hate being shown to be WRONG...so stop ranting about me showing YOU were wrong and take notes....:rolleyes:

...or you can stick to the beginners section...this is a mmj forum, not a beginners forum...:rolleyes:

I got rep for giving good info and having some witty humorous replies to offer...not posting BS and mindlessly ranting at those with more rep then I.

12. I really dont care if I rant to someone with "more rep than I". Having rep doesnt give you authority, it shows that you are respected in the community. That respect is earned. However, by demanding respect and telling me to cite my claim, you lose my respect. Period.

And I didn't see you cite your rebuttal to my claim. Or are you saying that your rep is sufficient enough? If you wanted to prove me wrong, all you had to say/do was describe one of these studies or provide a link-- that would have been welcomed. You didn't have to be self-righteous and rude.

13. you are flaming and trolling...ignoring info because you were wrong, and it makes you mad...

14. C'mon seriously? you were right about the information but totally wrong on how you handled it. Don't be a hypocrite and cite your sources. If not, don't tell other people to and get off your high horse.

15. meh...the info was provided, is correct, and he is mad because I don't pat his little head (or yours) and coddle his ego, instead I am blunt, to the point..:eek:

If you want a 'politically correct' coddling reply...look elsewhere. This isn't the special Olympics, and not all blades will win a a prize from me...(no medals for either of you) :cool:

"If the truth won't do, something is wrong"...(says Storm Crows Grandad)

16. So is it bad for me to smoke if I have a decent cold right now?

17. +rep,

This person is alot smarter/more clever than both of you.. save yourselves a little pride and just accept the fact that he's right. :wave:

18. won't help nor hurt...may feel better or not ...but it won't cure your cold.

Try it, if you know you should be feeling 'more' of the mj effect, and don't, then wait so as not to waste the herb...it's a personal choice really, some do, some don't. (I wait unless I need pain and nausea relief, seems to work still but no 'high' effect for me when I have a cold/flu bug..which sucks for me...a little head high would be nice while feeling like crud:()

I've tried tinctures, sure as H helped me with the sore throat, better then that green/red stuff that taste like <bleep> and made me yerp all over.
    All you can do is try and see if it gives ya some relief. (just my personal experience and opinion, not a proper study on my part...I was the only lab-rat...:eek:)

Storm Crow has a sticky in this forum, loaded with links that can help ya choose a medium to medicate with.:wave:

19. lmao. I'm a girl btw, but anyway I don't have an ego lol. Look I have no problem with people telling me that I'm wrong or proving me wrong and trust me, I hate political correctness. But can't you see how your comment came off as rude? Thats all I'm saying. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but don't be rude thats all.

20. Everyone has an ego; it's part of being human. ;)